Regular Contributor

Pressure Cooker Question,,,,

OK Ladies, here is a sort of strange question for you. I am a horrible gadget monster. I have way too much stuff for my teeny tiny kitchen. Granted, my kitchen is barely a kitchen in my small apartment and if I was in a house I really don't have a lot at all but that is irrelevant and me just babbling out loud. Here's the question. I am wondering if I got a pressure cooker, would it really be a star player for me in my line up? I live alone and rarely cook after work, I'm just too tired. I usually cook on weekends and reheat during the week. Also, I have a Nesco roaster and I use that on the slow cook setting a lot. I adore that thing and I love making things in it. I also really want to know...(in capital letter so you will answer this one) ..........WILL IT HEAT UP MY KITCHEN? Yes, my place is small and I don't mind heat in cold weather but with summer, I avoid cooking anything that will make it hotter in here. Do pressure cookers make the room hot? I remember my Mom's old skool one, the way it hissed and steamed. I know it's very different now. I did a lot of research and I have my eye on one of those top of the line fancy pressure cookers and I'm dying to take the plunge but I want input from you pros first! I trust your advice here! I also went over to Miss Vickies site to read all about it. Opinions and advice?