Esteemed Contributor

A summer ago I went down to Myrtle Beach because my BF had a golfing match there. We went out to eat and I had this fabulous peanut butter pie and I tried many times to replicate it and I finally did, only I think it is better. First off, the thing that made this pie so wonderful was the crust. Instead of using graham cracker or oreo crust, they used Nutter Butter cookies. OMG so good. Hope you like it!

1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened to room temp

1 cup of peanut butter

3/4 cup of powdered sugar ( I like a little less because I think the Cool Whip sweetens it up)

1 16oz Cool Whip

A couple of tablespoons of milk to thin out just a bit. You can add more if you like it thinner, I like mine more stiff

1/2 package of Nutter Butter Cookies

1/2 stick of butter melted

I grind nutter butter bars in food processor and add melted butter and press into pie plate then refrigerate. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix in milk and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip

Pour into pie shells (I use a rectangular glass pan though) Add cool whip and refrigerate (YOu can freeze if you want a frozen pie but I prefer refrigerated after trying both.

I save some Nutter Butters and crumble a few to sprinkle over top. You can also drizzle some chocolate syrup for presentation.

I have tried this with real whipped cream, as I am usually not crazy about Cool Whip but this recipe tastes better IMO with Cool Whip.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

This looks so good!

Honored Contributor

Your Nutter Butter crust and topping sounds scrumptious.  My recipe uses heavy cream for the filling:

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 cup powdered sugar

8 oz softened cream cheese

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup cream

Mix peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in big bowl with electric mixer until creamy.  Whip cream with electric mixer to medium-stiff peaks in another bowl.  Gently fold cream into peanut butter mixture to combine.  Spread into crust, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.  Sprinkle with topping just before serving.     

Respected Contributor

Re: Peanut Butter Pie

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201.  Gosh, this sounds wonderful and I adore Nutter Butter cookies.  Thanks for listing this.

@deepwaterdotter Your version of this also sounds delicious, so thank you for sharing.

Great to have new recipe ideas on this "feels like zero with the wind chill" day here in DC.

Trusted Contributor

@Irshgrl31201, The one and only time I have had this delcious pie was at an Irish restaurant and pub in my area! Smiley Happy