Respected Contributor

Re: My local meat market--good job!!!

@wagirl wrote:

I go to my local grocery store on the weekends for fresh produce and sometimes meats----otherwise I order online--went yesterday and saw a huge package of bone- in pork spareribs--almost 6 lbs and nothing smaller so I asked the  woman who was stocking meat, if I could have that package broken down in half--could never freeze that huge pack in my tiny freezer--she said absolutely, only, I will get you more fresh ones from the back, so come back in 10 minutes---I did and got the most beautiful, meaty , less fatty ribs and got the 2+ lbs I asked for!! I LOVE dealing with those meat people!! They are so willing to do whatever they can--you just have to ask!! So today----my moms BBQ ribs recipe  in the crock pot---YUMMY!!!!

@wagirl 

Love BBQ ribs in the crock pot.  We have used the Fix It and Forget It tangy rib recipe for years, it's one of my son's favorites.

We have the same situation at our local Safeway, hand cut meats and they never disappoint, love them.

Our local gourmet meat and grocery store has higher end meats, marinades, salads etc and they're worth it for an occasional treat.

Honored Contributor

QFC, @wagirl?  I am no longer close to one but shop most often at Fred Meyer's.

Honored Contributor

@tansy ---no, there is a beautiful Haggen store where I shop---

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@tansy ---no, there is a beautiful Haggen store where I shop---

Hmmm...another store I miss, @wagirl ðŸ¥¹