Honored Contributor

My local meat market--good job!!!

I go to my local grocery store on the weekends for fresh produce and sometimes meats----otherwise I order online--went yesterday and saw a huge package of bone- in pork spareribs--almost 6 lbs and nothing smaller so I asked the  woman who was stocking meat, if I could have that package broken down in half--could never freeze that huge pack in my tiny freezer--she said absolutely, only, I will get you more fresh ones from the back, so come back in 10 minutes---I did and got the most beautiful, meaty , less fatty ribs and got the 2+ lbs I asked for!! I LOVE dealing with those meat people!! They are so willing to do whatever they can--you just have to ask!! So today----my moms BBQ ribs recipe  in the crock pot---YUMMY!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: My local meat market--good job!!!

That was so nice of that employee to do that for you. What good customer service.

I love spare ribs.  I try not to eat them too often, but I think they might be my favorite meal.  Yumm.

Respected Contributor

The butchers in Kroger and Save A Lot will do the same thing if you ask them.  I've even asked to have certain items cut to a specific thickness and they've always been very accommodating.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

@wagirl  Thank you for sharing a great story of excellent customer service and kindness Smiley Happy! It reminds me of when I was looking at ground beef and noticed that the beef was going to expire in a day or two- I didn't mind, but the lovely girl stocking the beef noticed the date on the package and ran into the back office and gave me a special discount coupon sticker on the beef Smiley HappyHeart. I really like my local grocery store- the deals are good and the workers are very kind and helpful. I bet your BBQ ribs are delicious! Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@wagirl and everyone,

Yummy,

Yummy emoticon. Yummy and hungry emoticon licking his lips with tongue out

Honored Contributor

Our local small market which was primarily a meat market recently closed for good. This market was a family business since the 30's and trust me , we all miss it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Our local small market which was primarily a meat market recently closed for good. This market was a family business since the 30's and trust me , we all miss it.

I'm really sorry to hear it closed.  We had one too that had been in business for many years.  Everyone went there.  They had the best meats.  The son just wasn't interested in taking over the business that had belonged to the family since his great grandfather.  They did great business too.

Respected Contributor

It's always nice to hear of good customer service no matter what the industry.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Through the years we have had a couple of good family owned markets close. 

Another family owned Meat Market opened several years back that's really good. They just finished building a processing plant so more options are available.  

We can now buy regular beef or grass fed.

They also have pig, lamb & buffalo.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl Unexpected acts of kindness such as this are perhaps the ones that matter most to us, and touch our hearts!❤ Because of her act of kindness, you will bless someone today who reads this and needs a pick-me-up, because this WILL do it!🥰 Let us pass it on today!!💖

THANK you for caring to share this uplifting post!💝

~~~All we need is LOVE💖