Super Contributor

Re: JPC… your cream puff cake recipe was a HUGE hit! Emphasis on the ""huge""!

Thank you, JPC. That sounds like my kind of treat! I already saved it and filed it in my computer file. In fact, I have pumpkin in the house at all times, as we add it to my dog's food to keep her stomach calm. I just might make some tonight. Oh.. and I have a tub of banana frosting left over from my cupcakes this weekend. I think I can use that… it's very creamy and only slightly banana flavored.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2014 house cat said:

Thank you, JPC. That sounds like my kind of treat! I already saved it and filed it in my computer file. In fact, I have pumpkin in the house at all times, as we add it to my dog's food to keep her stomach calm. I just might make some tonight. Oh.. and I have a tub of banana frosting left over from my cupcakes this weekend. I think I can use that… it's very creamy and only slightly banana flavored.

enjoy housecat if you make it. Let me know how to banana frosting is on it.

JPC

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

JPC

I'm pretty certain the banana frosting will be delicious on it, but I didn't try it tonight. I went to the fridge and remembered that I had six golden delicious apples that needed my attention. I made this instead, but I'm planning on trying the pumpkin bars a.s.a.p. and I will most certainly let you know how much we enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

JPC

I'm pretty certain the banana frosting will be delicious on it, but I didn't try it tonight. I went to the fridge and remembered that I had six golden delicious apples that needed my attention. I made this instead, but I'm planning on trying the pumpkin bars a.s.a.p. and I will most certainly let you know how much we enjoy it.

Oh, that looks good house cat. I made apple crisp last night and it was soooo good. Thanks for the recipe. Will have to give it a try.

JPC

Contributor

On 3/19/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 3/19/2014 hattrickmadaca3 said:

JPC, let me add my kudos! Made this last week and it came and went faster than you can say "Scrumptious"! It was delicious and you are right, the cream cheese made it so much more decadent than just the plain old pudding.

Quick question, do you beat the cream cheese separate from the pudding and milk and then fold them together, or, do you throw all 3 in the same bowl and do it at once?

Thanks!

Hi hattrick,

So glad it was a hit at your house. I usually beat the cream cheese then add the pudding and the milk then mix up till it gets thick. All done in the same bowl but just cream the cream cheese a little before adding the pudding and milk. that way, you don't get chunks of the cream chees. Hope this helps and answers your question.

JPC

That's the way I did it, thanks! My DD loved it so much she asked if I could make it for her Graduation party! Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the recipe & pictures. It looks yummy! I read about this on the other thread & had no idea what it was. Now I know~

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2014 hattrickmadaca3 said:
On 3/19/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 3/19/2014 hattrickmadaca3 said:

JPC, let me add my kudos! Made this last week and it came and went faster than you can say "Scrumptious"! It was delicious and you are right, the cream cheese made it so much more decadent than just the plain old pudding.

Quick question, do you beat the cream cheese separate from the pudding and milk and then fold them together, or, do you throw all 3 in the same bowl and do it at once?

Thanks!

Hi hattrick,

So glad it was a hit at your house. I usually beat the cream cheese then add the pudding and the milk then mix up till it gets thick. All done in the same bowl but just cream the cream cheese a little before adding the pudding and milk. that way, you don't get chunks of the cream chees. Hope this helps and answers your question.

JPC

That's the way I did it, thanks! My DD loved it so much she asked if I could make it for her Graduation party! Thanks!

Oh, that would be a nice change to serve at a graduation party. Have fun at your party. It will be here before you know it.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Vamp said:

Thank you for the recipe & pictures. It looks yummy! I read about this on the other thread & had no idea what it was. Now I know~

Hi Vamp,

Hope you enjoy it if you make it. Pictures shared by house cat

Trusted Contributor

I made a version of this on Saturday. I didn't have time to make the cream puff crust part so instead I lined a square pan with slices of leftover cinnamon streusel swirl coffee cake. Then I put the cream on top of that and finished out the recipe. Everyone loved it. Thanks to the recipe poster.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Scotnovel said:

I made a version of this on Saturday. I didn't have time to make the cream puff crust part so instead I lined a square pan with slices of leftover cinnamon streusel swirl coffee cake. Then I put the cream on top of that and finished out the recipe. Everyone loved it. Thanks to the recipe poster.

Scotnovel,

That sounds really good. What a good idea. Thanks for sharing.

JPC