Honored Contributor

Re: JPC… your cream puff cake recipe was a HUGE hit! Emphasis on the ""huge""!

Want to add my thanks for the recipe, I also made it last week, delish! I made it in 9x13, and used 2% milk. So good. We had it for several days. Next time I will either cut everything in half or serve it for company. Thanks again.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

On 3/19/2014 snickster said:

Want to add my thanks for the recipe, I also made it last week, delish! I made it in 9x13, and used 2% milk. So good. We had it for several days. Next time I will either cut everything in half or serve it for company. Thanks again.

Thanks for letting me know snickster, so glad it was a hit. That is exactly how I make it with the 2% milk and in the 9 X 13. It does keep well but I sure don't have to worry about it going to waste with Mr Crazy around.

Have a good day

JPC

Super Contributor

I have to make cupcakes, among other things, for our church fellowship on Sunday. I was wondering how you think the cream cheese/Jello topping would work on cupcakes? Also, any suggestions on which flavor to use for the cake?

Trusted Contributor

Hi house cat,

I don't know how the cream cheese/ pudding mixture would be on cupcakes. It might be too heavy for them as I think it is a heavier feeling mixture. Oops, just had a flash, how about inside the cupcake for a filling. Don't know if that would work either.

Do let me know if you give either of these a try.

JPC

Super Contributor

I saw this last night and got a great idea for that filling!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 house cat said:

Short-cake cupcake

House Cat,

I saw this in your cupcake thread and wanted one soooo bad. That looks so good. Are you thinking of using the filling for that. I know that they would be the 1st to go at your church get together.

JPC

Super Contributor

On 3/21/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Short-cake cupcake

House Cat,

I saw this in your cupcake thread and wanted one soooo bad. That looks so good. Are you thinking of using the filling for that. I know that they would be the 1st to go at your church get together.

JPC

I am going to do that next time I have friends over, using your filling recipe, but for church I think it will be too messy. We need grab and go items for that.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Short-cake cupcake

House Cat,

JPC

I am going to do that next time I have friends over, using your filling recipe, but for church I think it will be too messy. We need grab and go items for that.

Your lucky friends. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} House cat you need to try my pumpkin bar recipes sometime. In my opinion they are as good or better than the cream puff dessert. Always a big hit too.

JPC

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Your lucky friends. House cat you need to try my pumpkin bar recipes sometime. In my opinion they are as good or better than the cream puff dessert. Always a big hit too.

JPC

I'd love to try it. Is the recipe posted on another thread?

Trusted Contributor

On 3/22/2014 house cat said:
On 3/22/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Your lucky friends. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} House cat you need to try my pumpkin bar recipes sometime. In my opinion they are as good or better than the cream puff dessert. Always a big hit too.

JPC

I'd love to try it. Is the recipe posted on another thread?

Hi house cat,

Sorry I just saw this, it was buried on page 4 since I hadn't been on here for a couple days. I had posted it on your thread about baking right after the Cream Puff Dessert recipe. Here it is again.

I got this recipe from a friend many years ago and it is wonderful. Mr. Crazy takes it to work and there is never any that comes home. There are also a few in the other departments that insist on having some when he brings it. I always double the frosting recipe. So very moist. I also shared this one on recipe swap several years ago.

Pumpkin Bars By: JPC
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1& 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup mazola oil
2 cups flour
1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
Mix and bake apx 30 minutes in a jelly roll pan (apx 10 X 15") at 350 degrees
(till toothpick in center comes out clean). I spray the pan with Pam.
Frosting
3 oz cream cheese - softened
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 stick margarine or butter-softened
1 tsp milk
1 & 3/4 cups powdered sugar
(I use 8 oz of cream cheese, 1 & 1/2 sticks of margarine or butter
and 3 & 1/2 - 4 cups powdered sugar to double the frosting- yummy)
Cream margarine or butter and cream cheese then add rest of ingredients and mix.
Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.

JPC