Honored Contributor

Re: ISO Sweet & Savory Overnight Breakfast dishes for Christmas am

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This is my new favorite oven baked French toast recipe, I love the orange in this.  It's from Martha Stewart.  I make the batter the night before and dip everything in the morning to bake:

Oven Baked French Toast

https://www.marthastewart.com/1063949/oven-baked-french-toast

Here is another I make (this freezes well, too).

Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal

http://www.loveandconfections.com/2014/05/carrot-cake-baked-oatmeal-for-brunchweek.html

Wow! I love orange too as a flavoring in Baked food like that and the oatmeal sounds divine. Carrot cake is one of my daughter’s favorite cakes and my dad’s alltime favorite. Super yummy!  Thank you 😊 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@mustang66lady those are two great recipes.  I seriously don't understand why people lash out at PD's recipes because they don't like her.

@AuntG

Thank you for saying that, @AuntG.  Paula's recipes sure are not for those looking to watch calories (at least not her old recipes!) but if I want to make something and she has a recipe for it, I can usually trust it will be good.  I don't cook like her every day, but the way she cooks is like my DM cooked and my Grandmother - at least for holidays and special occasions.  I think I have only made one of her recipes that I didn't care for and I will chalk that one up to my failure.  A dear friend of mine made that French toast casserole the first time I tasted it and served it with sausage patties on the side.  Fresh fruit and it was a meal!  As I stated, I have never taken this somewhere that it wasn't licked clean.  Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Auntg! 

Regular Contributor

Thanks, @GenXmuse!  I love to share recipes and collect new ones. I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas!  This month has flown by.  

Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

Thanks, @GenXmuse!  I love to share recipes and collect new ones. I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas!  This month has flown by.  

Oh same here! I love hanging out in recipes. Just taking a break from all the prep-work for tomorrow.  I just need to cut up crudités, clean the downstairs bathroom and wrap a few more presents. I meant to vacuum up my room from all the wrapping fall out but probably not going to happen.  I got two loads of laundry done and made some hot chocolate and spiked mine with Absolut vanilla vodka while cooking.  I couldn’t finish it though!  Lol

well, Merry Christmas to you @Bluffbaker and all my recipe friends here!