Honored Contributor

Re: I have three overripe bananas sitting on my counter. Any easy-peasy recipes?

peel them, cut them in half, and put in the freezer; add them to a protein shake or make ice cream!

Honored Contributor

Re: I have three overripe bananas sitting on my counter. Any easy-peasy recipes?

Honored Contributor

I had 2 large bananas in the refrigerator this week holding them at the perfect stage to make my youngest daughters favorite jello salad. Noticed they were gone yesterday (trash day), and when I mentioned it, my husband said he threw them out because the skin had turned black!!!

Honored Contributor

Freeze them, then throw them in a blender with other fruit and make a smoothie.

Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 RedTop said:

I had 2 large bananas in the refrigerator this week holding them at the perfect stage to make my youngest daughters favorite jello salad. Noticed they were gone yesterday (trash day), and when I mentioned it, my husband said he threw them out because the skin had turned black!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... {#emotions_dlg.sleep}

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Banana Bread

Respected Contributor

Banana Bars (my DH really loves these!)

Betty Crocker

Makes 2 dozen

1 cup sugar

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-1/2 medium)

1/3 cup oil

2 eggs

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

Frosting:

3 oz. cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 13 X 9 inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs with spoon. In smaller bowl, mix dry ingredients; add them to wet ingredients. Spread in pan.

Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes or until they test done in middle. Cool completely (about 1 hour).

In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla with mixer on medium speed. Gradually add powdered sugar with a spoon, until smooth and spreadable. (Add a bit of milk, if needed, to thin frosting.)

Spread with frosting. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.

Respected Contributor

Banana Praline Muffins The topping makes these special!

Thatsmyhome.com Makes 10 muffins.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tins with PAM.

3 medium bananas

1 egg

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup oil

1-1/4 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

Praline:

3 Tablespoons light brown sugar

1Tablespoon sour cream

1/2 cup pecan pieces

Mash bananas in a bowl. Add eggs, sugar and oil. Beat well. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ones, and mix just until moistened.

Put batter into 10 muffin tins. Mix praline ingredients in a small bowl. Top each muffin with some praline mix (in the center of muffin top); press down gently on praline with fingers. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Respected Contributor

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins These are kid-friendly muffins.

Bon Appetit Mar 1999

Evelyn’s Coffee Bar, Banff, Canada

1-1/2 cups flour

2/3 cup sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder (recipe called for 1-1/2 tsp)

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large or 3 small)

1 large egg

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)

1/4 cup milk

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350º. Line 12 muffin cups with foil liners or spray with PAM.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.

Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in a medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips.

Divide batter among cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake until tops are pale golden and tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, 27-32 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack; cool.

These freeze well. Makes 12.

Respected Contributor

I buy over ripe, marked down banana's and put them in the freezer (skin on) I use them to make banana bread and smoothies. They are best to use frozen in smoothies.

Don't worry, be Happy!