Honored Contributor

Re: How often are you having fish meals, not counting tuna

@Sooner, one other thought on your question about women not liking fish. My mother in law, use to spread newspaper's on her husband's workbench. Then she'd set up the electric frying pan and do it there. I guess splattering wasn't allowed (she was REALLY neat and clean). So maybe some of it was the smell of fish, or the mess some of the prep and cooking of fish. Who knows, your question and answer just took me back many years. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Sooner, one other thought on your question about women not liking fish. My mother in law, use to spread newspaper's on her husband's workbench. Then she'd set up the electric frying pan and do it there. I guess splattering wasn't allowed (she was REALLY neat and clean). So maybe some of it was the smell of fish, or the mess some of the prep and cooking of fish. Who knows, your question and answer just took me back many years. Thanks.

LOL!!!  MAYBE you are onto something!  I never thought of that!  Maybe in the olden days it was harder to transport, hence a stronger smell!  You are BRILLIANT!  

Esteemed Contributor

Usually go for fish on Friday.  Not religion, just tradition. 

Being a Southerner, I love fried catfish, coleslaw and baked beans.  Throw in a hush puppy! 

Catfish is a specialty at several local restaurants.