Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Stovetop Meatloaf?

Thanks for sharing this with us. This sounds really good! Smile

My husband and I both like meatloaf, and he really loves any kind of stuffing, too.

Thanks ladies, for sharing your other stuffing recipes with the chicken, too. Those look really good, too. I am all for easy recipes.

Trusted Contributor

Made a really good meatloaf sandwich tonight too. I got some ciabatta bread and spread it with butter and a little garlic powder and crisped it in the oven. The I sliced the meatloaf and heated it in the microwave and made sandwiches. Really yummy!
Honored Contributor

One envelope of Stove Top with just 1 lb of ground meat seems like too much breading .... was it okay?

Trusted Contributor

That's what I wondered too Tinkrbl, but it was enough. I think it's because leaving the stovetop to soak in the water and egg for a while softens it so much that it mixes really well with the meat. I was surprised how well it turned out. It is very moist. I used 90% lean ground beef and cooked it on a baking sheet and there was very little fat.
Occasional Contributor

Lynneuk....I put a topping on my meat loaf. I mix about a teaspoon of real maple syrup with about 1/4 cup ketchup. After the meat loaf bakes for half the cooking time I take it out and drain any fat that might be in the pan. I mix the maple syrup into the ketchup then spread it on top of the meat loaf. I then return the meat loaf to the oven and let it bake for the remainder of the cooking time.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

One envelope of Stove Top with just 1 lb of ground meat seems like too much breading .... was it okay? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

That is what I was thinking, too. Seems like it should be 2 lbs. of meat.
Honored Contributor

I use one Stove Top and 1 packet Lipton onion soup/dip mix with 2 lbs meat, egg, water.... (but instead of water, I use milk).

Respected Contributor

which flavor of stovetop stuffing, is everyone using? chicken, turkey, cornbread, etc.?

Honored Contributor

On 2/12/2015 10sluvr said:

which flavor of stovetop stuffing, is everyone using? chicken, turkey, cornbread, etc.?

I use the cornbread. Next time, I do this I am going to do it exactly the same but add some sage to give it a sausage taste. I cannot eat pork due to not having a pancreas but if I add sage to this, with the flavors of the stove top and the french onion soup mix, it will taste as though it was pork instead of beef. I love pork and this will give me all the taste without the attack of pancreatitis.

I mixed mine like you did, and added about 1/2 cup of salsa. Baked it, and just before it was done, spread some more salsa on top, and sprinkled on a little Mexican cheese blend. A Mexican meat loaf! My family loved it.