Respected Contributor

Re: Five ingredients and under

@DiamondGirly wrote:

I'm breaking the rule twice in a row (so far!) Six ingredients, but just don't count the dab of butter:  ha!

Here's another recipe my daughter used to like to make when she was in college and out on her own:

Swiss Chicken and Dressing

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

6 slices Swiss cheese

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

½ soup can white wine (may use cooking wine)

1 package seasoned stuffing mix

a little butter or margarine

Butter 9” x13” baking pan. 

Place chicken breasts in pan.  Put a slice of cheese on top of each piece of chicken. 

Mix soup and wine together; pour over top of chicken. 

Sprinkle stuffing mix (prepared or not prepared-as you desire) over everything. 

Dot with butter or margarine.   

Bake at 350 for 1 ½ hours.

Enjoy!!

This too sounds good! Could I get maybe 15 servings?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Broccoli Corn Bake

Ingredients

• ½ C    1 ½  cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
  • 2 T      3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 C      2 ½  cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
  • 1 sm   1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 sm   1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn

Directions

• 1. In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir in vegetables to the remaining crumb mixture.
  • 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.

First time I've got it to post 2 amounts.  The first column is for 2-3 and the other one to the right is for 4-6.  I was really surprised at how delicious this really is.

Esteemed Contributor

MawMaw’s Salmon Patties 

Ingredients

• 1 14.5oz can of Alaskan salmon,
  • 1 sleeve original saltines, crushed
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 small onion, minced (optional)
  •  
  • salt & pepper (to taste)
  • vegetable oil, to fry

Instructions

1. Using a fork, flake the can of drained salmon. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon & give it a good dose of salt & pepper. Stir. Add in the crushed saltines, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, minced onions (if using) & eggs. Stir til combined. Divide into 6-8 patties. Set aside.
  2. Heat enough oil to cover a large skillet's bottom ¼" deep. Fry the salmon patties on one side until the edges become brown, then flip & fry the other side until browned. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.

Serve by themselves, or with a dipping sauce of your choice.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I live alone & don't care to cook.     One of my favorite meals is a loaded baked potato.    I cook the potato in my  microwave then top it with whatever I have & love--butter, sour cream, bacon or other chopped protein.   I like BBQ pork or chicken.  I don't prepare it myself, I get take out BBQ or there are also some good grocery store products.   I have also purchased a soft taco supreme, got rid of the soft tortilla & put the filling on my potato.

Just think about what you like to eat & build from there.

Rotisserie chicken & sides.  Tuna-macaroni salad.   Be creative

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

Hi ladies, Since I am now retired and just cook very little I look for easy recipes.

Anyone care to share simple 5 ingredient or less recipes?

That is a good ideal on the taco.  I am not much of a fan of Taco's but do love Mexican Food and baked potatoes.  Taco Bueno has .59 cent tacos on Thurs. maybe this week I will get a few and just recycle the filling!!  Thanks for the inspiration.  I too live alone and am always looking for something easy and different. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@happygolfcartrider You may want to try The Barefoot Contessa's shrimp scampi recipe. I cook it a lot. It has shrimp,linguine, butter and garlic.you can also add fresh flat leaf parsley. It's simple and delicious. 

The recipe is on food network dot com. 

New Contributor

For dessert......

TWO INGREIENT LEMON BARS

1 (22oz ) can lemon pie filling

1 box angel food cake mix (needs to be thejust add water kind )

Preheat oven to 350

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray

In a large bowl with a hand mixer , mix the pie filling and angel food cake with water till smooth.

Pour into your baking dish 

Smooth out top with spatula

Bake for 30--35 min. or till top is slightly golden..

Top with powdered sugar if desired.....

GOOD LUCK  ..Barbara  ..

Valued Contributor

Cooking is not my husband's "thing" but he makes a turkey burger that even die hard "a burger isn't a burger unless it is made out of meat"  burger lovers like. These are very good reheated the next day!

My husband's turkey burgers:

(makes 4 burgers)

1 pound ground turkey (85% is best)

1 Granny Smith apple

1 Medium to Large onion

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

2 tsp soy sauce or salt to taste

Dice onion.  Place half in medium bowl.  Put remaining onions in non-stick fry pan with olive oil and cook over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes.  Add this to raw onions in bowl.

Add ground turkey to bowl.

Add chopped parsley to bowl.

Split apple in half.  Take one half and cut into small dice. Add to bowl.  (Munch on other half while cooking burgers 😀)

Thoroughly mix and form into 4 patties.  Cook over med heat (using same pan onions were cooked) until thermometer reads 165. 

Serve in buns or not.  He loves to top them with "Howards" sweet pepper relish. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

@silly01 wrote:

For dessert......

TWO INGREIENT LEMON BARS

1 (22oz ) can lemon pie filling

1 box angel food cake mix (needs to be thejust add water kind )

Preheat oven to 350

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray

In a large bowl with a hand mixer , mix the pie filling and angel food cake with water till smooth.

Pour into your baking dish 

Smooth out top with spatula

Bake for 30--35 min. or till top is slightly golden..

Top with powdered sugar if desired.....

GOOD LUCK  ..Barbara  ..

I make a really good cake with an angel food cake mix, just add a 16oz. can crushed pineapple, mix spread in greased 9X13 pan cook by cake directions. When done sere with crushed pineapple and cool whip...yum yum good.

Don't worry, be Happy!