New Contributor

Cherry Italian Cookies - I need Chris' (Lock and Lock) recipe - please post if you have it. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Cherry Italian Cookies - I need Chris' (Lock and Lock) recipe - please post if you have it. Tha

Courtney_Cason

Italian Cherry Cookies

by on ‎10-21-2015 05:58 PM

Chris Pryme from Lock & Lock shared her delicious recipe with me from this Sunday's show. A lot of you have been asking for the recipe on my Facebook page, so here it is for you! Enjoy!

Italian Cherry Cookies

½ cup Crisco

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp almond extract

½ tsp vanilla extract

½ cup chopped maraschino cherries

3 drops red food coloring

3 cups flour

2 ½ tsp baking powder

2 cups confectionary sugar to roll cookies in after cool

2 to 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice to mix with left over confectionary sugar after roll to make a little glaze to drizzle over cookies after rolled in confectionary sugar

-MIX WET FIRST 7 INGREDIENTS ADD DRY

-DROP WITH SMALL COOKIE SCOOP OR ROLL IN 1 INCH BALLS ON COOKIE SHEET

-BAKE 10-12 MIN AT 350

-COOL AND THEN ROLL IN CONFECTIONARY SUGAR

-MIX CHERRY JUICE AND LEFTOVER CONFECTIONARY SUGAR USING A FORK

-JUST DRIZZLE A LITTLE CHERRY GLAZE ON EACH COOKIE FOR A LITTLE COLOR

Honored Contributor

Re: Cherry Italian Cookies - I need Chris' (Lock and Lock) recipe - please post if you have it. Tha

Thank you, Courtney!

Respected Contributor

I copied this from Courtney's blog. I am not Courtney. I am sorry for the confusion. She had posted it in that area and I remembered the request here.

New Contributor

Thank you Courtney for the recipe.  Also, thanks for taking the time to respond as these cookies will be added to my Christmas baking list!  Thanks to Chris as well.