Esteemed Contributor

Cheesy Ham and Asparagus Bake

I made this tonight to finish off the leftover ham and asparagus I had from Easter. I used fresh asparagus that I blanched first. I probably had close to a pound. I also quickly softened the diced onion in a little EVOO before adding to the casserole as my crowd is picky about "crunching" into onion in a casserole. I didn't have the bell pepper, but the extra asapargus made up for that. Very good flavor; very filling and hope it re-heats well as there are leftovers! I found the recipe on all recipes website. Hope you like it if you try it!

<!-- Add class btn-disable before user checks ingredient-->
Cheesy Ham and Asparagus Bake Recipe <!-- Watch this Recipe Module-->

<h1 id="itemTitle" class="plaincharacterwrap fn">Cheesy Ham and Asparagus Bake</h1>

Original recipe makes 12 servingsChange Servings

1 1/2 cupschopped cooked ham

1/2 cupchopped onion

1/4 cupchopped red bell peppers

1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen cut asparagus, thawed

8eggs

2 cupsmilk

1 cupall-purpose flour

1/4 cupgrated Parmesan cheese

3/4 teaspoondried tarragon

3/4 teaspoonsalt

1/2 teaspoonblack pepper

1 cupshredded Cheddar cheese

<h3>Directions</h3>
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Mix the ham, onion, red bell peppers, and asparagus in the prepared baking dish. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, Parmesan, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pour over the ham mixture.
  3. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Continue baking 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
<!-- Add class btn-disable before user checks ingredient-->