Respected Contributor

Re: Can Avocados 🥑 Be Frozen???

I had no idea they could be frozen, good to know!

Respected Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

Yes, avocados 🥑 can be frozen and with good results.... I have been doing this for quite awhile now....do not remove skin, keep as is,.....wrap each one with plastic wrap....take out of freezer as needed, it does not take long to defrost...

Thanks for this information about wrapping in plastic wrap.  I'll ned to put them in the plastic wrap.  I hadn't considered doing this.  Thanks again 💝🌺

Trusted Contributor

I love avocados and buy them once a week to add to my salads or turkey sandwiches for lunch, I used to leave them out on the kitchen counter and sometimes they would get too ripe, black and bitter to use, a friend suggested that I refrigerate them to prolong the ripening stage, that works well.  Never knew you could freeze them too😊!

Honored Contributor

Avocados can be frozen, but take note that they should be used for smoothies and maybe avocado pudding.  Once they've been frozen they will not be the same as a fresh avocado when you thaw them.

As an aside - if you purchase more avocados than you can use immediately, store the unused, ripe, whole avocados in the fridge, in a mason jar of water, making sure the avocados are completely covered.  They will be fine for a couple of weeks.