Esteemed Contributor

Re: Banana Butterscotch Bundt Cake

I just put my cake into the oven and I can't wait for it to be done. I didn't have the butterscotch pudding but I did have coconut cream, so I used that and added some toasted walnuts. It's gonna be a long 55 minutes!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

Ooh, those variations all sound wonderful! Let me know how they turn out.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/27/2014 Lynneuk said:

Ooh, those variations all sound wonderful! Let me know how they turn out.

I'm smelling it and my mouth is watering!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Esteemed Contributor

OMG---!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My cake only took 47 minutes. Just took it out and set it on a wire rack to cool, but I couldn't stand it...I don't have to keep it looking pretty for anyone in particular today, so I cut a piece out of the top to cool really quick, and is it ever delicious!

I need to repeat that - this is delicious!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks again for posting this, Lynne....I think you could tweak this in many different ways, as long as you use the bananas--it is so moist! I'm thinking with blueberries and chopped toasted pecans next time. Uummmmm! You could even make it lemon/banana - use lemon pudding and maybe a little lemon zest - I've never tried lemon and bananas together, but who knows??

Next I'm going to try Baked Banana Oatmeal that someone posted on my other thread, but I guess that will have to wait a couple of days - I need more bananas!

Trusted Contributor

Kittymom, control yourself! lol. Hope there are more than just a few crumbs left Smiley Happy

Glad it turned out well for you.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/27/2014 Lynneuk said:

Kittymom, control yourself! lol. Hope there are more than just a few crumbs left Smiley Happy

Glad it turned out well for you.

I've had two pieces and I'm seriously considering having it for supper!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Contributor

Another big THANK YOU!!!!

Just made this for Sunday dinner, and it was a huge hit!

Will look forward to doing this again-- and again!!!

Honored Contributor

WoW! It looks amazing! Thanks.

Respected Contributor

It's pretty cool that this recipe is being made by cooks all over and posting results here...Sometimes I take for granted how amazing the internet,and these boards really are!!!

Super Contributor

Well, my customer from yesterday just emailed me to tell me the cake was delicious! I made a glaze out of butter/sugar/water- boiled and then added dark rum so as not to "cook out" the rum- poked holes in the cake and poured over- kind of llike the old "Bacardi Cake"...

So thanks again!