Trusted Contributor

Is it my imagination?   I am looking at some "as is" items and the pricing is higher than it was when originally presented and brand new.  Not very happy with that!

Honored Contributor

The V in QVC has sailed awhile ago. Their clearance and sale prices too are always just several dollars reduction. It's kind of insulting.

But I don't think QVC intends itself to be a place where you can get the best value anymore.

Many people are not even expecting that and find the live aspect and "shopping" at home worthwhile, They will defend the prices as everything is going up everywhere.

Or they have enough discretionary income not to care about finding the best value or not wanting or unable to go to any stores.

And not wanting to search around on the web either. Those loyal to QVC.

Also all of these and everyone are the ones that QVC does not even reward with coupons or free shippings, or great sales but they don't seem to care.

I very much doubt there are too many younger people QVC seems to want to attract, who ever watch or buy from QVC.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I have been buying a lot of "as is" lately...mostly jewelry. And I agree that you can't just assume the price will be lower. The other day I noticed an "as is" price was actually quite a bit higher then the exact same item that was still available to buy as an original purchase. But most of the things I've been getting can only be bought "as is" and aren't available any other way. You are right...be careful and check it out as the deal you're getting might not be all that great.

Honored Contributor

Q is not known for real sale prices, close out prices, etc. Their idea of a sale is pennies.

Honored Contributor

I've advised in the past that people always check, when they see an "As Is" item they want.  Once an "As Is" price is set, it doens't change.  But the "new" item might've gone on sale or clearance since then and the price can be different.  "Sale" and "Clearance" prices can and do change.

I've just ordered something from "As Is" this morning, but the original item is no longer available.

As with everything, check before you hit the "Order" button.

Respected Contributor

It's not your imagination. I was looking at some holiday thorws and the " As Is" pricing is higher than the brand new pricing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: "As Is" Pricing

[ Edited ]

@avid shopper I don't think you should be too unhappy about that. If the new item is cheaper I would definitely purchase it. Don't buy the AS IS one. I always check an AS IS item's original listing, if still available, to check prices and mostly for reviews. Rarely is it cheaper but if it is I feel I have scored if I want that item.

Years ago I noticed a jewelry item was higher at the AS IS price than as NEW and notified QVC. They responded they would look into it. Well, it never changed price. 

Super Contributor

I have found this situation a number of times...today is a perfect example...M86803  is cheaper on Lunchtime Specials....then "As Is " pricing...M131035.... only difference " As Is"....gives you two options...Lunchtime only one choice...

Super Contributor

I've seen that too, but what really bothers me is when they send out an item that's obviously been used, yet they sold at regular price.

Honored Contributor

Re: "As Is" Pricing

[ Edited ]

I've always had great luck with 'as is' items...pricing/deals.

I just checked my order status and the last 'as is' item I ordered is a Belle top.

A467600 - 'As Is' Belle tropical print top - $31.66 (ordered the green/XS on 1/21)

A398151 - Regular QVC price $64 - on sale now for $57.98