Valued Contributor

curious as to how many people would pay 138. For a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses supposedly down from 450. On shop hq.

Honored Contributor

Re: just curious

[ Edited ]

Never!!!  Even if they were spectacular they would have to be unbreakable with a tracking device and have a  lifetime warranty!

Valued Contributor

I know I am conservative but I think this is outrageous

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely not. That's ridiculous just because his name is attached. I still have a couple pairs of Vipers from Qvc that go way back. So far back it might have been in the Steve Cartenuto days. But I wear bifocals now that have sunglasses that attach by magnets. 

Honored Contributor

Re: just curious

[ Edited ]

More and more I think QVC is viewing themselves for clothing and accessories as a TV Boutique. You can find  comparable items online or in Department Stores with better prices.....QVC's prices on clothing/accesssories just aren't very competitive anymore....and in some cases they are RIDICULOUS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Not Tom Ford, but I was stupid enough when working to buy Gucci and Cartier aviators.  Exceptional quality and the screws never fell out, a problem I've had with sunglasses.  

One bonus, the Cartiers are selling used now for more than I paid for them.  

Respected Contributor

Tom Ford everything is so overpriced. The man charges $55 for a lipstick!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Mr.Sour: What does being conservative have to do with it?

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Mr.Sour: What does being conservative have to do with it?

@Group 5 minus 1 : I interpreted it to mean that @MrSour is a conservative spender. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I think some people look at sunglasses as a status thing...I remember people buying Ray-Ban years ago and I asked the same question as to why someone would pay that kind of money for sunglasses. As of date I no longer ask the question after paying over $600 for my eyeglasses with the special tint.