Valued Contributor

Wondering if the FB posts by Carolyn and Dan are QVC required?

Have always wondered if the friendly upbeat "no longer on QVC" posts by loved and long tenured hosts are in their contracts and required wording, or if they are heartfelt and genuine?  Just food for thought and comments...

Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering if the FB posts by Carolyn and Dan are QVC required?

@just wonder   They sounded like they were written by the same person in QVC-speak with a few personal flourishes.  I immediately thought they sounded phony, not something someone would write minutes after losing their job, in a shocked and numb state

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   of course neither of us know, but I read both, and I thought they showed class and decuded to take the high road.  What purpose would it serve for either of them to bash their former employer.   I'm sure they are both in shock as it is not a good feeling to be laid off or let go.   I'm sure there is life after QVC.   I, personally], will be glad when this seemingly endless discussion finally ends.  

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat    There is really nothing else to be said.  Time to move on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Kachina624   of course neither of us know, but I read both, and I thought they showed class and decuded to take the high road.  What purpose would it serve for either of them to bash their former employer.   I'm sure they are both in shock as it is not a good feeling to be laid off or let go.   I'm sure there is life after QVC.   I, personally], will be glad when this seemingly endless discussion finally ends.  

@Teddixat , Same.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Since i am not on Facebook......not sure i understand this post.............re: Carolyn/Dan?

Honored Contributor

Maybe they were written by Carolyn and Dan, but I don't think if they did, they were sincere.  I do think in order to get their severance package, they might have had to promise not to bad mouth QVC.  It isn't a good idea to bad mouth an employer that just let you go even though they might deserve it, particularly if another job passes their way.  

I don't know if comments are required, but I do think they wanted their followers to know they will continue on Facebook without QVC.

Valued Contributor

I suspect the facebook accounts that include QVC's name do not belong to the hosts.  When QVC lays off staff there is probably a procedure for making these announcements and closing the host's account a short time later.