Honored Contributor

Re: Why watch the Vicenza show?

On 1/19/2014 SPURT said:

Hey All......I totally agree .....David M (the buyer) can spin it any way he likes ....he can jump on the jewelry....and talk about "fresh from the fair"....but to paraphrase what Denny Green former coach of the Arizona Cardinals once said...."THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE"....and Vicenza is nothing but overpriced COSTUME jewelry! {#emotions_dlg.glare} And even QVC Italy customers wont buy this stuff!! That should tell him something.....it is NOT fine unique, quality pieces like they had in the past......{#emotions_dlg.mad}

I caught a minute of a show a couple of weeks ago and David said it's great to get gold jewelry for $100/gram. I about choked. Gold is overpriced if it's selling for $100/gram. The price of gold is down 30%. I just bought a high quality 14g chain for $678. That's less than $50/g. He's not fooling me...and it sounds like he isn't fooling the rest of you either.

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2014 BonnieBelle said:
On 1/19/2014 SPURT said:

Hey All......I totally agree .....David M (the buyer) can spin it any way he likes ....he can jump on the jewelry....and talk about "fresh from the fair"....but to paraphrase what Denny Green former coach of the Arizona Cardinals once said...."THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE"....and Vicenza is nothing but overpriced COSTUME jewelry! {#emotions_dlg.glare} And even QVC Italy customers wont buy this stuff!! That should tell him something.....it is NOT fine unique, quality pieces like they had in the past......{#emotions_dlg.mad}

ITA! LOL!

I think David M is very lucky to still have a job.

Either the Q really doesn't give a rats backside about jewelry anymore or he has them bamboozled into believing he's some sort of gift to jewelry. The stuff they bring in always looks the same and it's just not interesting. And why oh WHY they feel his presence in any way enhances the presentations of this qwap is anybody's guess. If jewelry isn't selling for them they ought to look at what they're offering and stop blaming flat sales on the economy. Who knows, maybe they're content to offer computers, blenders, coffee makers and vacuums all the time. I'd guess the hosts will start foaming at the mouth very, very soon...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I search on-line in QVC's inventory to find 14 K gold minus resin and bronze. Watch for the Eterna Gold shows- not the "trendiest" things, but in my eyes the kind of jewlery most will go back to after the glitter ( or bronze or resin) fades from the other pieces. I would trust the steel jewelry before the bronze or resin.

Honored Contributor

And then they have an all day gold show that might actually feature some gold and they put it on a weekday... Then they can say jewelry doesn't sell... Get a clue, Q...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I don't watch anymore at all. I've decided I'm not going to pay that much for their jewelry. I'm young, and although it might be a good investment, I have retirement and other things to save for. I like gold and quality jewelry, don't get me wrong, but I just don't need those pieces at those prices. Too high for me.

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2014 SPURT said:

I have a friend from Italy and she laughs at bronze, silicone filled, etc....she says no one there wears it except as cheap costume jewelry.

David must be good at the spin with someone ... he might consider a career in politics.

Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 1/19/2014 SPURT said:

I have a friend from Italy and she laughs at bronze, silicone filled, etc....she says no one there wears it except as cheap costume jewelry.

David must be good at the spin with someone ... he might consider a career in politics.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}........so your friend confirmed what we said......and when David M. had a chat there was some constructive criticism of his purchases and for suggestions on what many of us would like to see....but he ignored those comments and only responded to "his cheerleaders"....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Hi Calmin----I think we will live to see the day when David M. steals Stevie's idea for those bronzo "gold" holders for Poo-Pouuri....after all it's from those "fine Italian factories" and so "on trend" .....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't know which I find most boring .... the bronzo, black spinel or so-called "gold" shows.

Sound to me like some buyer seriously over-purchased and now is stuck with a LOT of inventory they can't move! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}