Honored Contributor

Re: Who would be your "final straw" lay-off?

I don't get how people are so invested in a host that they'd stop watching or buying if the host left or was fired/laid off.

Hosts are not our friends or even acquaintances. They are salespeople who happen to be on tv, nothing more.

People come and go every day at every company.

Stop being naive about how big corporations function when it comes to employees.

Pay attention to those changing laws and handouts that benefit big corporations.

One of Q's marketing ploys is to get people to think hosts are more than salespeople on tv. Obviously, it's working. smh.

Honored Contributor

Please can we just drop this whole "layoff" hosts thing?  Its a very tired subject.  It is what it is.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Posters should be able to discuss and opine about the layoffs as many times and for as long as they desire, so long as a real moderator approves.

Respected Contributor

It's becoming clearer and clearer as to WHY certain hosts may have been laid off instead of others...

Read the THOUSANDS of posts on these boards about how many shoppers who post here are turned OFF by QVC's current line up of hosts that remain on the air.

No one can seem to connect why C+D were "let go" and why these current kidults are left to frolic and yell and scream and giggle and dance and make noise and play with thier hair or run up to camera wagging thier fingers at us... for the sake of noise and implied "excitement" about the products they are hawking....

It's because THATS WHAT QURATE WANTS.

They are trying to attract a young audience of people who are self performing on Tik Tok every day...trying to emulate that excitement and spontaniety that is so popular today...but it doesn't appear to be working judging from the comments on THIS forum.

( Of course, a lot of the commenters here are older QVC long time viewers, so are not "in tune" with today's concept of selling on TeeVee or other media influencers.....)

Anyone who thinks Qurate doesn't monitor and approve the NEW style of hosting  is dreaming. They WANT this behaviour that offends or it wouldn't be going on and on and on, and thefallout is that the  tamer, old fashioned hosts are losing sales and thier jobs.

It's the new way. I bet the older hosts have calendars on their walls with the days checked off til they too can retire ( although that will bring another spate of hanky twisting  commenters who think those hosts should remain in front of QVC's cameras till they drop dead.....right on the air!!!! 

Think of the ratings boost!!! It'd be .....why, EXTRAORDINARY!!! Everyone would tune in the reruns!!! And many people would buy more than one!!! Red will sell out first!!! ( Oooops!! Sorry...went into the David Venable mode momentarily!!!!!)

Respected Contributor

I love big corporations, based upon my personal experiences. 

They pay big separation benefits after a layoff and the stocks pay humongous dividends!

I thank my large multinational employers profusely for these benefits  

Respected Contributor

@depglass I have 2 favorites that I would be unhappy to see go, but I know that I wouldn't stop watching or shopping QVC.  They are Shawn and David.

I didn't like when Antonella and Elise left, but I remained a customer.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't stop buying from the Q b/c of any lay-off; however, I am buying less and less b/c the host is so bad I can't watch.  

Honored Contributor

The last straw for many people would be MBR.  It wouldn't bother me though.  She's had a good run.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchase minimally from qvc as it is. Nothing this year and a few items last year. Hardly watch anymore because the majority of hosts are just plain annoying. So there would be no hosts layoffs that would affect my purchasing. The Q does not offer anything I want to purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

I also love my Fortune 500 company that paid lucritive bonuses, hefty stock options, nice dividends, great salary, free dental and medical ins., a fine retirement separation and monthly income for life . . . and I loved my position newly created position in the company after working my way up!

However, I doubt QVC offers their employees anything close to such excellent benefits with their stock down and trying to keep the company afloat. Those employees may be fortunate to have a 15% discount on items purchased and FREE S&H!! Big whoop if there isn't stock options, investment matching by the company, nice salary for decent hours, paid medical and dental insurance, personal leave and vacation time based on length of service and more.

I don't see many of those employees saving for retirement; they are still buying for right now and instant gratification. Not very wise individuals with bright lights burning for the future years. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.