Honored Contributor

Re: Who would be your "final straw" lay-off?

As long as QVC is selling the things I buy here less than I can get them elsewhere, I'll buy them here.  Regardless of hosts, or no hosts.

Trusted Contributor

Who cares. It wouldn't affect me at all. The hostts are merely sales clerks NOTHING more.

Valued Contributor

Good question and I actually gave this question some very serious thought before responding. Like another poster said it would actually improve my view of QVC if some hosts, 1 in particular, was dismissed. But I honestly can't think of a single host that means so much to me that I would stop watching all together if they were gone. If I had to pick a favorite host I suppose it would be Courtney (hosting ALONE) but if she were gone I wouldn't watch/order any less.
Honored Contributor

Wouldn't change my shopping at QVC at all.  As others have said....it's the product, not the hosts.  There are some hosts that I don't care for.  I just don't watch them.  

Honored Contributor

While I like some hosts better than others, I don't watch enough QVC live for it to affect me. I watch for the products, not the hosts...

Again, there are some I like better than others, but they are all about sales and are not our "friends"....  

Respected Contributor

I'll approach this another way and answer the opposite question.  If one host could "disappear" and make you want to watch, who would that be?   Jane T.

Honored Contributor

I'm not invested enough in the hosts to care one way or the other 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Actually it would enhance my image of QVC if they'd let a couple or more of what I consider to be unwatchable hosts hit the door.  Hosting at QVC would be greatly improved with some hands-on supervision to set guidelines for performance instead of it being the free-for-all that it is now.

@Kachina624, I agree and well said. I find myself not watching and purposely not buying when certain hosts are on. I wish they weren't even there! They've been ruining this shopping experience for quite awhile...one in particular who is on far too often and never shuts up about herself. 😩 

At this point in time I never tune into QVC just because a certain host is presenting...no one host draws me in. Don't enjoy any of them that much anymore so wouldn't be heartbroken to see any of them leave...surprised yes, but not heartbroken. I will say that out of all the female hosts they could have let go I was very surprised they chose Carolyn Gracie. That one continues to be a head scratcher for me. And I will admit I do wish she was still around.   

One final thing as I can't seem to shut up either. HA! I think an ongoing problem for QVC is trying to find quality hosts to bring in to replace current hosts who leave the company for whatever reason. And judging by some of the new on air vendors they've brought in recently the pickens are slim there, too! I just rushed back from the grocery store to catch the Jai show only to find I immediately had to mute the volume while the female vendor was filling in for Scott. WOW!

Okay, stick a fork in me, I'm finally done. 😄

Honored Contributor

@depglass   There's not a host to whom I would give the power to make me walk away.  My all-time favorite host and QVC parted company years ago.  I didn't leave then and I haven't followed that host anywhere else.  I absolutely do not think any company does itself favors by making highly emotionally decisions.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a "favorite" sales person.

HOWEVER, I'd like to have a word with the pattern-maker who cuts the waistline too narrow for "older" ladies...but leaves WAY too much room in the seat if you size up...     (Or is it "just me"?)

♥Surface of the Sun♥