Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where's Plillip from Cottage Farms? Humor is missed...

I miss him too, especially his easy relationships and humor with some of the hosts.  But I think both the new reps are very knowledgeable and pleasant and over time they will be more comfortable on air.  I might even like them as much as Phillip.... OK, probably not.  I will try, tho.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I read on the boards a couple of weeks ago Philip posted on one of the social media platforms that QVC didn't renew his contract.  I think he did have a health scare a couple of years back.  He had bypass surgery if I remember correctly.  Photos of his landscaping designs are breathtaking.  He is extremely talented.  I on the other hand have a black thumb.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago someone spotted him on a Fire Island beach sunbathing. Supposedly he is very fit for a man his age. I have been told he is in his 60s. He designs gardens for well to do clients in Greenwich, CT if so recall. I'm sure he is still doing well financially even without the QVC job.
Occasional Contributor

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this.  I really enjoyed listening to Phillip, he's so knowledgeable and entertaining. If it was a contract dispute, I wish they could come to terms and bring Phillip back. He was such an asset in my opinion.  If he's wanting to slow down, good for him!  I wish him all the best.

Respected Contributor

Since Phillip left many of us are boycotting Cottage Farms. I feel the profits will suffer without Phillip
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Since Phillip left many of us are boycotting Cottage Farms. I feel the profits will suffer without Phillip

To each their own, of course. 

However, I just find boycotting Cottage Farms because Philip left is ridiculous.  Philip is doing just fine (I follow him on FB) in his new ventures.  He's very happy.  He left because whatever the circumstances he felt it was best for him.   It's not as if some moral or social indignation has occurred.  

Did you boycott QVC when Sharon left?  Dan Wheeler?

It's business.  Of the two new Cottage Farms reps, the man, Kelly I think is his name, is wonderful.  He has an extensive wealth of knowledgeable and practical experience in horticulture.  He's warm and quite funny.  He works well with all the host I've seen him with thus far, and he's very respectful, often mentioning Roberta's and some of the other garden vendors.  The new CF woman is nice, but she seems more sales & marketing than Kelly.  

Trusted Contributor

I really miss Phillip.  I think QVC made a mistake if in fact they really did not renew his contract.  I personally find the two new hosts a little "too much" for me - far from being a calming experience when they are on.  I think they are a little hyper.  JMO