Esteemed Contributor

Re: What happened to tracking?

Just checked another order and it's there in "View Order" under shipping on the left side. The tracking number is there.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a few items this week. Once each order " shipped," I was able to click on " view order." There I found a tracking number and an estimated delivery date.  Deliveries this week have been fast. 

Honored Contributor

I received my final order for 2021 yesterday.  It arrived a full week before its estimated arrival date.  I was able to track its delivery, but only from the link/receipt in the email telling me it had shipped.  I tried once to track it from the website, but that didn't work.

It was an auto-delivery shipped by the vendor.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone for pointing out how to track your packages.  I was getting Reorder too and contacted the QVC Social Team and was told to clear my cookies, well that didn't work.  Pretty sad that customers have to solve their own issues.

Respected Contributor

Clear cookies? Ha! The "issue" is on their end, not ours. Someone on another thread mentioned something about shipping dates showing as 2022 and I didn't know what they were talking about...now I do. On my order status main page my item shows it shipped 12/27/2022. Yeah, right. But when you click on view order and go to the next page it has the correct ship date of 12/27/2021 along with the tracking number...the one that no longer appears on the main page having been replaced with the reorder button.😒   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another issue with IT.  This happens on orders shipping the end of 2021.  They state shipped 2022 and the reorder appears then.  I had replied to a post about a couple days ago.  Another item to add to my complaints about QVC's IT company.

Thanks posters for letting us know how to track orders.  I am used to using the Tracking button and did not know about the ability to track thru View Order.  I just tracked my 3 orders that had the Reorder button and they are on their way.

Esteemed Contributor

the Q has one of the worst websites.   Not just tracking.  There are always issues with something.  Ugghh

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

I have two  recent orders which show as"shipped" in my order status (and I received the email that they shipped) but there is no tracking button.  Have we given up on tracking entirely?!  The only link is for "reorder" which seems overly optimistic on Q's part.....

Has anyone els noticed this?

How did it ship? If it was parcel post (Q's most common way), USPS doesn't track it. Parcel post is the lowest priority mail and often relies on their party non-USPS companies to move them from place to place.

If it was priority mail or UPS, there is some tracking but you need the tracking number. 

Trusted Contributor

This happened on my last order. I contacted the social team and they didn't understand why there wasn't any tracking info either. Looks like the Q's crack IT department is at it again!

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Bookplate wrote:

I have two  recent orders which show as"shipped" in my order status (and I received the email that they shipped) but there is no tracking button.  Have we given up on tracking entirely?!  The only link is for "reorder" which seems overly optimistic on Q's part.....

Has anyone els noticed this?

How did it ship? If it was parcel post (Q's most common way), USPS doesn't track it. Parcel post is the lowest priority mail and often relies on their party non-USPS companies to move them from place to place.

If it was priority mail or UPS, there is some tracking but you need the tracking number. 

@CalminHeart - I think you are confusing some shipping classes:

• USPS Parcel Post no longer exists; it is now called USPS Retail Ground,
   and it is a class that is often used by individuals rather than companies, as
   the most common applications for it are extremely large or heavy packages
   or irregular options like shipping in tubes. (In almost all cases, switching to
   UPS or FedEx will be cheaper, so that's what most companies do.) Although
   it is possible QVC or its vendors may use this service, I have never received
   any orders from the Q via this method (spanning 20+ years).
• UPS Mail Innovations is probably the most common shipping service used
   by QVC and its vendors. It is primarily used for small, light packets such as
   those containing jewelry, cosmetics, gadgets, and clothing. The packets start
   off in the UPS system and are transferred to the USPS for delivery as they
   reach a hub near the delivery address. If desired, you can use the tracking
   number from QVC in the UPS tracking system to view initial progress and
   then use the same number in the USPS system after the packet handoff.
   The packets seem to be scanned less often in the UPS system, so details
   of movement are generally not very useful. (Also note that this class of
   UPS delivery cannot be upgraded like UPS SurePost can.)

• Return service is the shipping class that applies when you use QVC's
   prepaid return label. This is actually the lowest delivery class and is the
   service that uses third-party agents for package transport. Packages are
   dropped off at a USPS (or sometimes UPS) location where they get
   scanned for acceptance, but they do not move through the USPS network.
   Instead, they wait to be picked up by the third-party agent (currently, QVC
   contracts with Pitney Bowes) and continue through its network. Tracking
   is not extremely reliable and movement is verrrry slow because there is
   truly no priority at all for these packages; they are sent along to the next
   point on the map when there is room for them in the truck or on the plane.

And if anyone is interested in receiving automatic notifications about incoming packages (thus not relying on QVC's inconsistencies), I highly recommend signing up for the free services offered by the three main national couriers:

USPS: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action
UPS: https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page
FedEx: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-manager.html

(In addition, you could choose to sign up for UPS MyChoice Premium, which allows you to automatically have SurePost packages delivered via UPS without the handoff to the USPS. It costs $19.99 per year, but if you have a lot of packages coming via this service, it could be worth the cost to receive your deliveries a bit more quickly.)