Honored Contributor

Sugar free chocolates were available in the past.  Keep watching.  Maybe, some are coming in.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good grief! It sounds like some folks have a bit of an entitlement issue.....I don't eat sugar, but it would NEVER occur to me that I am not being treated well by not having the Q sell all of thier foods in a sugar free version. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I can't believe that when they offer a food item for the TSV and it's a sweet, they don't offer a diabetic option.  That automatically eliminates a diabetic or someone buying for one or more of them, from the purchase.

Btw-yesterday MBR told a vendor that QVC was not allowing the hosts to eat the food-only certain things and that's why she wasn't eating his product.  However, she did eat products that she likes to which she said QVC was allowing them to only eat certain items.  Does anyone know the truth/whole story/reason etc?

@LilMadi  ..... MBR was correct when she said that QVC was only allowing them to eat certain foods ..... Rick & Alberti said the same thing on their show tonight 😊

Trusted Contributor

I am type 2 diabetic also. At the education class I attendedd when I first found out I was diabetic, they said not to eat sugar-free candy. They said it was better to have a small amount of sugar than sugar substitutes. .

I was also told by my doctor that I could drink anything I want (preferably water) except diet pop. He said your body knows what to do with real sugar, but doesn't know what to do with all the chemicals in diet pop. 

I have also read that diet drinks make you gain weight because your body is still craving sweetness and makes you want more sweets. If you google aspertame, nutrasweet etc, there are many doctors and nurses who say those artifical sweeteners are bad for your brain. So, in my opinion, if you want chocolate candy, go for it---just maybe 1 a day Better than eating diet candy.

Super Contributor

QVC does offer sugar free and nut free products when they are available. They are not obligated to offer sugar free just because it's a TSV. Does this particular brand of truffle a sugar free option? 

Frequent Contributor

Should they offer non alcoholic wine too?  Seems silly. If it’s something you don’t want or can’t by just change the channel.

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee  You are correct. Weight control diets say the same. No diet soda for the same reason. I agree.

I think it is better to learn portion control as you mentioned and savor the real thing. I have seen Lyndt candy shops in France.  I think the Europeans have the most wonderful chocolates.  Beligum in particular. I buy good chocolates but have one or two at at time. Sugar free is not satisfying to me either in flavor.

I still have last years  seasonal Christmas Lyndt candy as like the mint  chocolate flavor. My candy lasts a long time so  I don't feel badly paying more for good chocolate.

Good for you, as diabetes is common. I have a good friend who lost her Father and sister to the disease. Unfortunately when her ALC is up she crash diets with plain salads, gets it down along with  some weight loss but yo yos back. She knows what she should do but is hurting herself. 

Honored Contributor

Lindt's website has No Sugar added chocolate bars ...little squares. 

I did not see Lindt made ANY sugar free truffles so obviously, they could not offer it with the TSV.

@LilMadi 

Respected Contributor

Ridiculous to think QVC should offer ANY alternative to what they are selling. Diabetics, people with allergies, etc., are free to shop elsewhere. 

I personally would never buy from Q's food shows. Their products are loaded with fat and sugar, which is mirrored by many Americans being over weight and rising obesity levels.

I am not over weight, have healthy cholesterol and low blood pressure. I want to keep it that way.

Honored Contributor

I don't even remember what the TSV was, but as far as being allowed to eat only certain things, maybe they aren't allowed to eat prepared foods since someone else did the cooking.  Also, food out on display would've been touched by other people who hopefully were wearing gloves, but stilll they could've breathed on it.  So, that would leave individually wrapped items that they should be able to eat.  If it is in a tin, but not individually wrapped, they also might consider that a safety issue especially if the seal was broken before the host got to it.

I do remember at one point only David was allowed to eat.  I'm not sure if he is eating cooked products, but I remember him eating cheesecakes and seemed to be using a different plastic fork for each flavor while they used a metal fork for the closeup shot of each flavor.