Valued Contributor

I can't believe that when they offer a food item for the TSV and it's a sweet, they don't offer a diabetic option.  That automatically eliminates a diabetic or someone buying for one or more of them, from the purchase.

Btw-yesterday MBR told a vendor that QVC was not allowing the hosts to eat the food-only certain things and that's why she wasn't eating his product.  However, she did eat products that she likes to which she said QVC was allowing them to only eat certain items.  Does anyone know the truth/whole story/reason etc?

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

I totally agree that QVC should offer a low sugar or diabetic option for the TSV sweets or any other sweets (especially chocolate) and that's why as a type 2 diabetic I don't watch any food shows. I don't  want the temptation.  QVC is about the sale not about whether it's healthy, they won't make much money on that 

Respected Contributor

Of course this TSV is also for those of us who do not eat chocolate or sugary goods!

I just bought and sent to family, to colleagues, and for myself (as professor) to share with all my students in December! I take joy in bring tiny chocolate truffles to others during the holiday.

*and no, I will not be eating them myself.

Respected Contributor

That's odd, last night the camera got Leah eating a helf of piece of chocolate that she broke off with her fingers.

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi    There's no product QVC sells that's suitable for every person in the world.  There's a wide choice so everyone can make a selection.  What about people who have allergies; should they cater to every allergy too?  What about people on special diets? 

I doubt anyone knows the source of Mary Beth's tales.  Maybe she doesn't like sweets.  Maybe she's watching her calories. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Kachina624-With all of the lemon bars and other foods MBR ate, it's not a calorie issue.

As far as your other comments, I stand corrected.  I have some nerve thinking that they should consider diabetics, shame on me and thank you for being so kind as to bring it to the attention of everyone.  

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I can't believe that when they offer a food item for the TSV and it's a sweet, they don't offer a diabetic option.  That automatically eliminates a diabetic or someone buying for one or more of them, from the purchase.

Btw-yesterday MBR told a vendor that QVC was not allowing the hosts to eat the food-only certain things and that's why she wasn't eating his product.  However, she did eat products that she likes to which she said QVC was allowing them to only eat certain items.  Does anyone know the truth/whole story/reason etc?

Right!!!  I don't like 'sugar-free', but there should always be a sugar-free option for those who prefer it, particularly when it's a tsv.  

Perhaps MB cannot eat chocolate or just doesn't like it - something she can't announce while selling the item!  Imho, hosts should not eat on air.  They serve no purpose as they have to rave about whatever they're selling.Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

Re: Today's TSV

[ Edited ]

Thank you GOLDIEANDFEDDY-That's what surprised me was that it was a TSV....oh the food MBR declined was not chocolate.  But after watching the hosts on the food show now eating everything, I think I know why.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Today's TSV

[ Edited ]

@LilMadi wrote:

Kachina624-With all of the lemon bars and other foods MBR ate, it's not a calorie issue.

As far as your other comments, I stand corrected.  I have some nerve thinking that they should consider diabetics, shame on me and thank you for being so kind as to bring it to the attention of everyone.  

@LilMadi    Excuse me but you're the one who brought it to everyone's attention, not me.  I didn't mention your diabetes.   You're free to disagree but don't make up your own facts. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

@LilMadi  DH and I live a keto/low carb lifestyle...omitting sugars/carbs/trans fat for our health.

The only food products we buy from QVC are meats/seafood/salmon.

The only candy we buy are Lily's candy bars and chips through Amazon. The Lily's brand is available in other stores/retailers online too.