Super Contributor

Forgive me if I didnt spell it right but I swear I think the hosts get something extra every tine they say suszzing it up because they use that phrase a lot.

Respected Contributor

@ShortyLugNut   I think you mean "zhuzh."

It means "to approve in appearance by way of a slight adjustment."

Yes, they say it ALL the time.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I kinda like that word-I always hear them say it when they push up their sleeves. Here's an interesting something aobut the word- 

"Make that “zhuzh.” However it's spelled, the word is used to convey what is often hard to: the act of adding an extra something special, a little oomph, to a dish, hairdo, outfit or any number of things. But where did it come from? Theories abound online. A few have placed their bets on Yiddish.Jan 31, 2022"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

🤔 Does it mean your wearing Susan Graver ?

Super Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@ShortyLugNut   I think you mean "zhuzh."

It means "to approve in appearance by way of a slight adjustment."

Yes, they say it ALL the time.

Thank you Mersha

Valued Contributor

Don't know why, but I cringe every time I hear that word - It just sounds like someone is trying to appear to be hip and cool.

Just say "Push the sleeves up," for goodness sakes (LOL) Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

This term has been popular since around 2000, so I'm not sure it's "hip and cool" for anyone to say it; it's pretty common in fashion and design as well as everyday life.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Suszzing It Up

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

This term has been popular since around 2000, so I'm not sure it's "hip and cool" for anyone to say it; it's pretty common in fashion and design as well as everyday life.

I remember the Samy from Miami hair stylist who was on HSN, hawking his line of hair care. He always used that particular word, even had a product line with it in the title. He spelled it with a "J" but I can't remember the entire spelling of the entire word.