Esteemed Contributor

why all the fast talking and  excitable behavior with the permanent ear to ear smile on.   It is annoying ,    it's just too much .  I don't need all that trying so hard ,  I either want it or I dont geez!

Respected Contributor

Re: Some hosts talk too fast !

its been posted numerous times that some folks want slow and quiet.

some folks don't want that

so the solution would be to find what you like and enjoy that

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

Well I hate slow talking, so there's that.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

Well I hate slow talking, so there's that.

Same for me which is why I love watching YouTube and podcasts where I can increase the speed. 

It seems that as some people age they need more time to process and could be why so many here wish things were slower. Just a thought Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

why all the fast talking and  excitable behavior with the permanent ear to ear smile on.   It is annoying ,    it's just too much .  I don't need all that trying so hard ,  I either want it or I dont geez!

@Kitty Galore 

A few years ago I realized that even though I don't have a hearing issue, leaving the Closed Captions ON made a huge difference in comprehension, especially with science or interviews.  

Try it.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

A few years ago I realized that even though I don't have a hearing issue, leaving the Closed Captions ON made a huge difference in comprehension, especially with science or interviews.  

Try it.  

@Tinkrbl44 , It can also provide some unintentional humor . 😄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Why watch Q at all?  They're in the "business" of capturing your attention an selling. Should they mumble or whisper about the prouct for sale, or mope around?  There are other ways to shop.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

They may be on a time limit for presentations. I remember in Kathy Levine's book (first) she told that at her Q interview she was given a time limit to talk about a pencil.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing behaviorist have shown the people seldom purchase when they're bored and lulled half to sleep by monotony.   Shopping channels are experts at what makes most people want to make a purchase.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

You mean like LITTERALLY letting a host waddle up, put her face right in the camera and threaten viewers?  I'm not watching and I'm not buying.