Super Contributor

This is a really interesting thread.  I was wondering what was happening with the shipping.  And the returns!!

It's just a big question mark to me

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Just venting!

I'm just frustated 'cause just when it seems QVC has really upped its game, items never are delivered as stated when ordered.

Ordered NYDJ  jeans on the 10th, the eta has been changed a couple of times, now it's supposed to arrive on the 22nd.

My LG tsv is sitting at the post office - "holding it per customer's request" - NOT!

I believe QVC is doing its part on sending their packages out, but once departed it's pot luck!  My amazonsmile orders usually arrive on time posted , often days earlier!  Wish the Q could get reliable shippers.

I know it won't change, just wishing......

Did you check the train tracks in Los Angeles?

Honored Contributor

Re: SHIPPING!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I worked in a post office for several years after retiring.

A lot of retailers have used third parties to move packages along for years. It's because they choose the lowest possible priority and cheapest mail option.

It's also why some packages are routed to odd post offices or sit at places for so long. These third parties aren't going to pick up and drop off if it's not profitable.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I worked in a post office for several years after retiring.

A lot of retailers have used third parties to move packages along for years. It's because they choose the lowest possible priority and cheapest mail option.

It's also why some packages are routed to odd post offices or sit at places for so long. These third parties aren't going to pick up and drop off if it's not profitable.

@CalminHeart 

Yes, some retailers do use third party shippers.  One delivered a package to me from Nordstrom that was delayed, but................

QVC has been using UPS Mail Innovations for packages under 2 lbs.  As you know UPS Mail Innovations is an agreement between UPS and USPS to deliver packages.  UPS picks up the packages from QVC, delivers them to our post offices.  USPS delivers them to our addresses.  Both USPS and UPS tell me they do not use a third party shipper for UPS Mail Innovations.

I spent the morning of January 17 calling these shippers and researching the internet to find out what is going on.  Forget about Pitney Bowes.  They won't talk to us lowly customers.  Newgistics', division of Pitney Bowes, the third party shipper that is involved in one of my lost packages for almost a month, phone number on their website directs calls to Pitney Bowes. 

The only call I didn't make was to QVC's shipping department.  That might be next, but chances of talking to anyone there is laughable.   

It would be nice if a moderator knew and would jump in here to tell us what QVC is doing.  How did Newgistics get involved in UPS Mail Innovations when both UPS Mail Innovations dept and USPS said they don't use third party shippers and Newgistics. 

For those who don't know, QVC did replace the order, but retailers and shippers can stop giving us excuses for why our orders are late and/or lost when it appears it might be a cheap third party shipper causing it.  That is what I have been trying to find out.  

Occasional Visitor

This is the 2nd time that I have not received my order!!!  QVC charged my credit card.  It shows it shipped.  It says it has been sitting at UPS in La Mirada, CA.  It shows it arrived there on 5/16.  Today is 5/26.  It shows it's still processing!!!  The first time this happened, it was returned to QVC for a refund.  I NEVER got the package so how did I return it???????  I know that's going to happen with my current order that's being held hostage in La Mirada.  Called La Mirada - they were no help!  
This really sucks!  I'm sure that QVC has no control over this BUT they should know what is happening with their orders. They keep blaming others!  But, it originated at QVC so I'm blaming them for their poor customer service.  AND, I see that I'm not the only one who thinks they have poor customer service.  Shame, shame, shame on you QVC!  I know that losing me as a customer won't matter but I Just think someone should know about this.

Esteemed Contributor

@UpsetinCA - The social team may be able to help you get more information and/or resolve the issue; try sending your order details to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I ordered two tops from Amazon. Did not fit. Took them back to the USPS store and that evening Amazon let me know my money was back in my Discover card account. As soon as the USPS man gave me the receipt, it was seen and I was credited immediately. I returned two tops, took two weeks to acnowlege they got my returns. AFTER I CALLED AND COMPLAINED, IT WAS THEN PUT THROUGH RIGHT THEN AND THERE. The worse part of this whole mess is, in the email they sent it could take up to two to three months before it shows up as a refund on my credit card.  Are you kidding me, then pay me interest. I am making payments on my credit card for merchandise I no longer have, YOU HAVE. I will NEVER buy a thing from QVC again.