Occasional Contributor

Return Labels and paperwork not always in packages. Please adjust what we need to print.

[ Edited ]

I'm finding that I'm not always getting paperwork in my orders.  If I want to return something I have to print my own retrun form and postage label..  

first of all...QVC needs to make the return prining 1 page only.  They do not need to include directions on each printout.  Please put the return mail form and the inside package info on 1 page.  With as expensive as postage is these days...please don't waste my ink and paper too.  

Second...I look for a pattern as to why some packages come without paperework.  Is it a glitch in your system, or is it intentional?

Please make adjustments for your customers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Return Labels and paperwork not always in packages. Please adjust what we need to print.

I doubt anything is going to change in this regard.  And if it does, it will be that more and more orders will not include any paperwork.  I just opened a pacakage today, a cardigan from Isaac, and there is no paperwork.  It really annoys me too because I keep all the paperwork.  I have two boxes filled with it, divided by year.  If I don't get any paperwork, then I print something myself, using my paper and ink.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Return Labels and paperwork not always in packages. Please adjust what we need to print.

I rarely return and don't need to have slips in every order.  In the event I have to return, I can very easily print a label.  

Target, Amazon and other retailers don't include packing slips with their orders.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if it depends on where the items are shipped from. Everything that I've received has an invoice. I don't even look at the invoices and just get rid of them. I hate having a bunch of paper hanging around and I have no reason to return anything so far. Never had to return anything.

I know a few Posters have said that you can write the address on a piece of paper and send it back if you don't have a printer.

Just today I received a Laura Geller product and I love it. Didn't even bring the box and invoice inside.

Super Contributor

When I asked why no Invoice or Prepaid Label the QVC representative told me that QVC is going green.

Honored Contributor

most retailers no longer have invoice or return label

we can print a label

or get a QR code and the post office will make a label for us

Trusted Contributor

@Q-Girl too wrote:

I'm finding that I'm not always getting paperwork in my orders.  If I want to return something I have to print my own retrun form and postage label..  

first of all...QVC needs to make the return prining 1 page only.  They do not need to include directions on each printout.  Please put the return mail form and the inside package info on 1 page.  With as expensive as postage is these days...please don't waste my ink and paper too.  

Second...I look for a pattern as to why some packages come without paperework.  Is it a glitch in your system, or is it intentional?

Please make adjustments for your customers. 

You actually answered your question on why they don't include paperwork any longer.  Just as you don't want to waste your paper and ink on the extra page, they are saving millions of pieces of paper and tons of ink by not including all the printed matter in every package.  A fraction of orders are returned so it's the fiscally responsible thing to do.  

Regular Contributor

I don't have a printer so when I had to return something I called QVC and had them send me a return label.  Took less than a week to get it.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I rarely return and don't need to have slips in every order.  In the event I have to return, I can very easily print a label.  

Target, Amazon and other retailers don't include packing slips with their orders.

Just received an online order from Talbots; no paperwork either.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal   @Q-Girl too 

ITA ... this is nothing new.  

If a retailer averages ten percent returns, for example, that means that 90 percent of the packing slips etc are ending up in the trash. 

Can you even imagine just how many TREES get chopped down to make paperwork that only ends up in the trash?  

People aren't helpless. If people can order online they certainly know the tech basics.   This is simple stuff.

JMO, of course.