Regular Contributor

I think different hosts way of communicating is for different age groups of customers. Im 70. I dont much care for the loud, in your face, listen to my story, type of pitch. Remember Jill Bauer? I would watch QVC 24/7 if she was the only host! I would also watch if Valerie Parr Hill was a host. But for someone younger that would be a major snoozefest!

Respected Contributor

@FLGranny  Jill Bauer is still on. She represents Jai jewelry. I respectfully disagree with you. I find that Jill comes across as condescending. I stopped watching her many years ago. 

Super Contributor

Re: RE DOWNFALL OF QVC

[ Edited ]

I agree @FLGranny.  Could it also be that we change as we age and certain things turn us away that maybe a few years back wouldn't have bothered us?  I remember when I was younger and "certain days of the month" I would have what I called "bad nerve days "!  Things bothered me then that no longer do.  I am at a place now where I no longer care what they do.  If their offerings are not to my liking, there are so many other places to shop.  If I want entertainment, I will watch a movie or something else.  Not QVC.  It's a rerun 😆

Respected Contributor

Re: RE DOWNFALL OF QVC

[ Edited ]

i I used to adore and regularly watch all the TV shopping channels.  After looking over my purchases , I also became aware of all the money I had been spending on unneccesary purchases and things I didn't need or seldom use..Sizing consistency in clothing is too frequent  So I decided to get back on tract and only visit the shopping channels when I actually needed something, Now I usually go to Amazon first because they have a fantastic selection and have never had a return problem with them..  I also think the appeal of the currerent shopping hosts and models is not what it used to be.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@FLGranny  Jill Bauer is still on. She represents Jai jewelry. I respectfully disagree with you. I find that Jill comes across as condescending. I stopped watching her many years ago. 

If you watch QVC you no longer have to watch Jill   ..... but when she was hosting there I looking forward to her presentations,  She seemjed sincere and not overly dramatic, and was always well prepared.  Now that I know she is on the jewelry channel, I will be looking for her there.

Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

If you watch QVC you no longer have to watch Jill   ..... but when she was hosting there I looking forward to her presentations,  She seemjed sincere and not overly dramatic, and was always well prepared.  Now that I know she is on the jewelry channel, I will be looking for her there.

@HiLo 

Jill represents JAI jewelry here on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@HiLo 

Jill represents JAI jewelry here on QVC.

@HiLo    She's also on JTV hosting "her own brand" of Bella Luce

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Clearly QVC has changed its direction from years ago and shows no evidence of going back.  I for one love the current direction.  Just bought 4 items from Isaac's show on right now.  

Those posting the same old price and host complaints are not having an impact on the company direction.  They all say they're shopping elsewhere, so why stay here?   Before anyone says they have a right to their own opinion, isn't it an exercise in futility?  

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@HiLo 

Jill represents JAI jewelry here on QVC.  Thank you. I will have to view the program guide to see when she comes on.  

does Lisa Mason also sell jewery on the Q now.?

Trusted Contributor

I go way back with QVC.  I was working then and loved the convenience of shopping from tv.  There was very little competition.  Internet shopping was unique, Amazon didn't exist and QVC offered items that were reasonably priced and not available at my local store.  It fit my lifestyle.  Now, I'm retired, live a whole different kind of life and certainly don't need what I did in the past.  What has discouraged me from my buying from QVC are the high prices.  Nothing much is under 60 dollars.  Add in tax and shipping/handling and I'm now at 70 dollars.  I can find similar items on other websites and save money on shipping as well.  As far as the hosts go, the older hosts are on their way out and the younger ones are trying to attract a younger demographic.  I get it.  They want to stay in business.  It's just not much for me anymore.