Honored Contributor

Mobile Version not available on iPhone?

For the past few weeks, my mobile Version is gone and only the full version appears on my phone. It is a lot of scrolling width wise the read the posts. I can't opt into mobile as indicated on the page. It isn't an option as much as the phone is treating it as words I want to copy. Anyone else having this problem?

On my laptop - Mac - safari, my avatar and many others - only a question is there in place of the images. This wasn't a problem a month ago when everyone was having issues signing in. Funny when I sign in - it is the mobile Version. Am I still the only one having issues?
Honored Contributor

Re: Mobile Version not available on iPhone?

[ Edited ]

It's probably an cookie issue. Try clearing your cookies. Because mobile version is still the default on my phone. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Yahooey @jaxs mom is correct, the first thing we suggest is clear your cookies and your cache. Remove the app and reinstall it. This could help.

Honored Contributor

I just cleared my cookies - still the same problem. I never used the app - I launch through the browser and prefer it that way. I guess w/o the app - I'm stuck w the problem.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She means whatever app you use as a browser. In our case it's usually Safari. You can't access the forums through the QVC app anyway. 

If you already went into settings/Safari and used clear history and website data and that didn't fix it, I'd try turning your phone off and back on completely by powering it down.

If you have a mac computer your phone will share history with it so you might need to clear cache and cookies on your mac also so it isn't pulling info from the shared history. 

Are you running IOS 10.3.1 ? If not try software update too.

Honored Contributor

I got the app - mobile Version for shopping. How do I get to community? I don't see full footer, where I can get to community. I'm still using browser as I type this. Thanks.
Honored Contributor

You can't access the forums from the QVC app. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning, @Yahooey!    Do I understand you to say when you open the Safari app on your iPhone and navigate to the Community forums you don't see the option at the bottom of the screen to choose "Mobile" or "Full" view?

This is what I see with my iPhone 5, using iOS 10.3.1, when I choose the main "Forum" list of threads.

Screen shot of the "Full" (desktop) view at link

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/forums?device-view=desktop

image.jpeg - full view iPhone

And here's the Mobile view (please note:   the mobile view has been "broken" for weeks...  the display has changed to very tiny print spread out with far too much empty space on the screen.   The moderators have been notified, they've forwarded the problem to tech support, and there are several threads in "Customer Care" about this problem).

link https://community.qvc.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/forums?device-view=mobile

image.jpeg - mobile view iPhone

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

She means whatever app you use as a browser. In our case it's usually Safari. You can't access the forums through the QVC app anyway. 

If you already went into settings/Safari and used clear history and website data and that didn't fix it, I'd try turning your phone off and back on completely by powering it down.

If you have a mac computer your phone will share history with it so you might need to clear cache and cookies on your mac also so it isn't pulling info from the shared history. 

Are you running IOS 10.3.1 ? If not try software update too.

@jaxs mom, The actual browser history, cookies, cache, and website data aren't normally shared between the iMac and the iPhone or iPad.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

It's nicknamed handoff. I use it all the time.