Honored Contributor

Re: Loving Rosina G. with VPH

[ Edited ]

She needs to do her homework on the products---every show shes unprepared she's relying on the producer...Leah and other good hosts contact the vendors by phone to learn about the merchandise and David said they also attend Production meetings so plenty of opportunities to learn and fine tune presentations....

When she was introduced they said she is fluent in several languages and they were thinking of doing a Spanish version of some of the shows...that seems what intrigued them about hiring her....and QVC started doing this in 2021

December 16, 2021: QVC is presenting its first-ever Spanish-language program, “QVC Para Ti con Rosina,” as part of Qurate Retail Group’s long-term efforts to invite more customers into our video commerce (vCommerce) experiences and advance diversity, equity and inclusion. The one-hour show, hosted by QVC Program Host, actress, model, and sports enthusiast Rosina Grosso, features a variety of festive gifts and specialty items and is launching today on QVC.com, Facebook, YouTube and our streaming platforms

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Re: Loving Rosina SG. with VPH

Sorry, but I just don't think Rosina has the polish to be a host.  She seems like a sweet girl but she is definitely out of her element.  I don't think she has a future there. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 

You can probably find it on YouTube.  It was a while back so I may not remember it completely accurately.  Rosina was on with Jill Martin, I think, showing a skirt if I remember correctly.  You know how the hosts suggest ways to style something.... She casually stated that you could wear this with a wifebeater, meaning a sleeveless shirt or tank top.  It was said so casually as if everyone calls it that as an acceptable word to refer to a sleeveless tank.  She meant no harm but obviously did not know any better.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@rms1954 

You can probably find it on YouTube.  It was a while back so I may not remember it completely accurately.  Rosina was on with Jill Martin, I think, showing a skirt if I remember correctly.  You know how the hosts suggest ways to style something.... She casually stated that you could wear this with a wifebeater, meaning a sleeveless shirt or tank top.  It was said so casually as if everyone calls it that as an acceptable word to refer to a sleeveless tank.  She meant no harm but obviously did not know any better.

I'm sure she didn't mean a dang thing by it.  It's a well-known term for those shirts.  Some people will find fault with anytthing.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1.  I totally understand  although I did not hear it. I did hear Doris Dalton with Doll10 say regarding her make up application, "You don't want to look like a retard" This was many years ago and she apologized but every single time I see her on Q or HSN that comment comes in my head.  I cant get passed that one either. Another one  that should have known better and a Dr. no less. 

Respected Contributor

Rosina's first language is Spanish; her Italian parents immigrated from Italy to Argentina.  Her second language is Italian, and her third language is English, which she learned when the family moved to New York. She is probably still learning her English vocabulary. We should try to give her a break. She is very sweet and is trying extremely hard to be a good host.

Esteemed Contributor

The "wife beater" video is widely and readily available throughout the internet,  including YouTube. 

Honored Contributor

What I really want too know.....

......has the father of Rosina's new baby, Paulo Quevedo, become a new QVC host??

See the source image

Rosina does a series of Spanish-language shows for QVC on it's streaming channel (on Roku or Amazon Fire, etc.) called QVC Para Ti Con Rosina

In the most recent show, Rosina is co-hosting with Paulo.  He's holding one of those QVC item cards that the hosts use to check the specifics they're talking about.  In fact, he's hosting the show just as much, or even more than Rosina.  He's presenting items and even modeling items in the show, like a Men's Skechers Polo shirt, and a pair of Spenco sneakers.

He's extremely charming, and I don't speak Spanish.  LOL  So I don't know specifically what they're saying.  He's very comfortable on TV, which makes sense since he's in Spanish-language soap operas, other TV shows, and is also a singer.

I was riveted.  I watched the entire video, and even looked into a new grill presented in the show. 

Valued Contributor

Rosina, the "wife-beater" comment woman. Nope, she'd do better on The Real Housewives Of New Jersey

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  - wow her partner is a good looking man.  Rosina is such a pretty lady too.  I'd love to see a pic of their baby.