Respected Contributor

What is with all the lack of samples for clothing on air lately?  You cannot tell the true colors on a photo or video.  Seeing one or two color options and the other 4 (as an example) in a photo or video does nothing to push the item. Why is this happening I wonder?  Not a good thing for sales IMO.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lack of samples on air...

I hate it when they don't have samples on air and they revert back to .com but I think it's because of how many garments they were having to sell AS IS after they were used and because of storage issues  in the warehouse and on sets and behind the scenes. It's many thousands of items. It was probably very costly to keep having everything at Studio Park.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They do it on Q2 because they have a small studio and insufficient storage space.  I have not seen it happen on QVC. Actually my TV is "off" and I get more accurate color samples from the website so it doesn't bother me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl Are you watching this on QVC2?  As @Kachina624  mentioned, they do this all the time on QVC2 because the studios they use for that channel are much smaller, and they don't have the same number of crew to handle everything.
I've rarely seen this happen on the main QVC channel.  
Honored Contributor

I watched it happen in the adenim & Co show on the main channel today with the set of three tees, I've seen it happen many times on Q1. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

What is with all the lack of samples for clothing on air lately?  You cannot tell the true colors on a photo or video.  Seeing one or two color options and the other 4 (as an example) in a photo or video does nothing to push the item. Why is this happening I wonder?  Not a good thing for sales IMO.

I buy clothes from pictures on the internet and catalogs. Doesn't bother me in the least if a few items not in the studio. Much ado about nothing.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I agree. I need to see the item on the video, especially if its a print. Many times I am ready to purchase a scarf from Isaac but I can't see a clear view of the print online. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I just wish they would take EACH color off the hanging rack to show us the full item!

Just pointing or barely pulling the item forward doesn't give me a full view of the color or pattern.