Valued Contributor

Try watching the "Wife beater" Rosina if you really want to get disgusted. Rosanne Barr was fired from her own show for a tweet, yet QVC keeps Rossina on air. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Jose products.  I do feel they make a difference but her with JT is not a good match.  I would love to watch Jose but I won't if she is paired with JT.   I repeat a good sales person will have good skin and not look older then they are.   

Regular Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I really like Jose products.  I do feel they make a difference but her with JT is not a good match.  I would love to watch Jose but I won't if she is paired with JT.   I repeat a good sales person will have good skin and not look older then they are.   

OUCH!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@katwoman219   Let me ask you this.  If you are watching someone selling a face cream and they say they use it all the time and they look older then they are , Would you still buy it?   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jane and Josie

[ Edited ]

I only briefly flipped by enough to hear them say that colloidal oatmeal was a drug. ??? It is regulated by the FDA F&D Admin., but to state that it is a drug....?

They "officially categorized colloidal oatmeal as a skin protectant in 2003."

As far as argan oil - due to its linoleic and oleic compostion, ncbi (independent testing) does conclude that it can repair the skin barrier, has an anti-inflammatory effect, as well as wound healing, but is questionable for skin aging.

But so does olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, et.al.

I agree, @ellaphant - no miracle potion!

Honored Contributor

I like Jane Treacy. Always prepared,always enthusiastic, and knows her product. Can't say the same about some others, but I'll be polite unlike some others.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched a little of the presentation yesterday.  Not the oil, this was for the concealer.  It was really awful.  Close up shots of JT while she put lines of concealer all over her face, forehead, cheeks, down the nose, under eyes.  Then she tried to rub it all in and blend and it looked caked and thick.  It was a huge fail.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of these oils and other moisturizers have poor ability to penetrate the skin and keep the skin supple and feeling smooth for very long. An ingredient that really penetrates the top layer of skin and stays there for 24 hours or more is lanolin. I have psoriasis all over my face. When I put these oils, such as argon oil on, they just sit on the skin, looking greasy. When I use a cream containing lanolin, the patches of psoriasis become moisturized enough that the irregularly shaped skin cells lie flat, and the lesions disappear, staying moisturized for at least 24 hours. My results are not unique. Lanolin has the best penetrative ability in many medical tests over the past fifty years. I use Nivea with lanolin or Eucerin with lanolin. Once that is on, I add a lotion such as Lubriderm or other lotions. The lanolin based creams allow the lotions to help with hydration, but are not a necessity. The creams usually include pertrolatum and mineral oil. These ingredients would not help without the lanolin. When you witness white, flaky, ugly lesions disappear before your eyes, AND STAY THAT WAY,  you know the truth. I learned to use these products from my dermatologists when I was a preteen and I was first being treated for psoriasis. The dermatologists were telling me what to use for the most intense moisturization based on research. This research has only increased over the years. 

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife And they're keeping that spiteful Tammy around as well! I don't understand it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LANOLIN, from Wikipedia. 

"Skin bioengineering studies have shown the durational effect of the emollient (skin smoothing) action produced by lanolin is very significant and lasts for many hours. Lanolin applied to the skin at 2 mg/cm2 has been shown to reduce roughness by about 35% after one hour and 50% after two hours, with the overall effect lasting for considerably more than eight hours.[2] Lanolin is also known to form semiocclusive (breathable) films on the skin.[3] When applied daily at around 4 mg/cm2 for five consecutive days, the positive moisturising effects of lanolin were detectable until 72 hours after final application.[2] Lanolin may achieve some of its moisturising effects by forming a secondary moisture reservoir within the skin.[10][11]

The barrier repair properties of lanolin have been reported to be superior to those produced by both petrolatumand glycerol.[2] In a small clinical study conducted on volunteer subjects with terribly dry (xerotic) hands, lanolin was shown to be superior to petrolatum in reducing the signs and symptoms of dryness and scaling, cracks and abrasions, and pain and itch. In another study, a high purity grade of lanolin was found to be significantly superior to petrolatum in assisting the healing of superficial wounds."