Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

I am sick of complaints about programming.  Change the channel for crying out loud.

Why do people act as if QVC exists to entertain them and alleviate their boredome?  Surely there are more productive things to do than sit and watch a shopping channel all day long.

Here is a solution for you, avoid the complaint posts, it is the board equivalent of changing thr channel, for crying out loud !!

There are about 4 posters who are always there to provide an admonishment when another poster expresses an opinion.  Their posts are often belittling and rude.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

I am sick of complaints about programming.  Change the channel for crying out loud.

Why do people act as if QVC exists to entertain them and alleviate their boredome?  Surely there are more productive things to do than sit and watch a shopping channel all day long.

Here is a solution for you, avoid the complaint posts, it is the board equivalent of changing thr channel, for crying out loud !!

There are about 4 posters who are always there to provide an admonishment when another poster expresses an opinion.  Their posts are often belittling and rude.

And it's almost always the same admonishments.

And almost always directed at those posting less than glowing opinions of the Q. Their message is always the same -  the Q can do no wrong, so it must be the poster's 'fault', whatever 'it' happens to be.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I'm a channel flipper, but I will leave it tuned in longer on QVC is a garden show is on.  Love it!! 

Valued Contributor

ITA with you Stevie.  I have thought about why it is so hard for QVC to get some new fresh products in.  They are a huge retail giant, they have to have the ability?  but then I realized that it must be because there is probably a very high margin required for the Q to 'take' an item and sell it, and many brands and products out there just don't produce that high of a margin...

Valued Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad, but they beat products to death by spending too much time on single items.  Nobody needs more than 15 min. with a vacuum.  They all run the same way.  Get to the point, show us what's special, and move on.  The same goes for almost all of the products they spend an hour on.  The viewers are not stupid, we're just bored!

Amen to this!

Respected Contributor

People that refuse to let others have an opinion unless of course it agrees with them.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

@Tantallum wrote:

ITA with you Stevie.  I have thought about why it is so hard for QVC to get some new fresh products in.  They are a huge retail giant, they have to have the ability?  but then I realized that it must be because there is probably a very high margin required for the Q to 'take' an item and sell it, and many brands and products out there just don't produce that high of a margin...

I think the Q can make much more profit in selling their own or chosen products. 

Trusted Contributor

Well said! Thank you.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I hardly ever agree with KY Toby on anything but in this I do.  QVC does not exist to entertain you.  For each person that hates the gardening shows, beauty shows, computer shows etc. someone else does or they would not be showing those products.  With the wide choice of shows on cable or satellite TV surely there is something g else to watch besides QVC.  I find the very thought of having QVC on all the time as background on a couple of TV's to be downright scary.  Read a book, call a friend, take a walk but for heaven's sake pull yourself away from thinking that QVC is your entertainment source.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Better then ANOTHER day of beauty and beauty products!

I had to laugh at your post.  Yes, true.  So many 'beauty ' products sold over the many years and still so many females are juist plain old mugs. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust