Valued Contributor

I Get It...Q Wants Us to Get the Q Card!

So stop the madness of bombarding the shows by telling us that IF you get/use your Q card (24.99% interest rate), you can get your item on four easy pays. During the TSV of the D & Co. jeans, Jacque said at least four times during the first 15 minutes to get the card and you can get four easy pays. This has continued through out the day, but not all of the hosts are pushing this as much as some of the others, which is a nice break. I'm sure the hosts are being 'encouraged' to keep talking about this 'option.'

Honored Contributor

Re: I Get It...Q Wants Us to Get the Q Card!

[ Edited ]

...huh?  What did I miss?  Isn't QVC still one of the largest retailers in the world?  Don't retailers offer store credit cards?   Aren't the "shows" all about selling stuff....isnt that why they have them?   If you don't a Q Card (which I don't), don't apply for one.

Valued Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

So stop the madness of bombarding the shows by telling us that IF you get/use your Q card (24.99% interest rate), you can get your item on four easy pays. During the TSV of the D & Co. jeans, Jacque said at least four times during the first 15 minutes to get the card and you can get four easy pays. This has continued through out the day, but not all of the hosts are pushing this as much as some of the others, which is a nice break. I'm sure the hosts are being 'encouraged' to keep talking about this 'option.'

I was going to bring this subject up, but I was so disgusted I thought maybe I should let it go.  Do you think this type of bombardment is going to endear their customers.  They should really be thanking customers for purchasing their products by giving them the easy pays without getting the Q card.  Sorry, I just had to say it.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure the interest rate is sky high.  They stand to make a bundle on those that don't pay off their balance each month.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the card a  couple months back and the customer service is terrible. Yes,you can go on Q's webste to pay,and maybe update information about your acount. But Q can't help you with questions - and then it's a run around to get the actual bank on the phone to assist you. I'm accustomed to handling inquiries on line- on Q's website the 'contact us' link  for  cc inquiries/questions/problems  leads you to snail mail addresses!!  Such an antiquated system, it's unacceptable with today's technology. My amazon cc is handled by chase, but the 2 websites feed into each other so customer service is flawless.

Valued Contributor

I detest CC's and never carry a balance but I like freebies. Rec'd an email if signed up for  the Q-card and made a purchase in December you'd get a free $10 credit.. Wonder how long that will take to show up? LOL!

Contributor

I have the Q-card for many years    They do offer the easy pay but  if you pay the amount you are billed for you don't pay any interest.   The next month the 2nd payment is due and again I pay the whole amount           I have never had problems with  Q customer Service     Once I did but that got straighten out when we wrote to the President         I don't buy much but it is nice to have a place to go and see what they offer and decide if I want to buy or not

Respected Contributor

I pay any credit card bills the month they bill. Why would they want me to get their card, or better yet, why would I want it?

Honored Contributor

I think it would be helpful for a person who is trying to establish credit.   (Young person, or with a new job, new city, etc.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Many people have spent a lot of money on Christmas. It is the perfect time to push the Q Card (26% interest) with 4 easy pays. This will entice people to make purchases they cannot afford, and would not otherwise make. If they don't pay the monthly balance, QVC makes and additional 26% profit on the sale.

1. People have the responsibility to educate themselves about finances.

2. QVC is a large corporation who's only purpose is to make as much profit as possible.

Accepting these two facts takes the emotion out of the situation.