Frequent Contributor

Re: How many “sweets” can be contained in one VPH presentation?

Yeah I had to turn the show off. It was putting me into a diabetic coma.

Esteemed Contributor

Alberti should stick to working with Val and please refrain from any future Gourmet Holiday shows.

Honored Contributor

"Sweet" is Valerie's whole persona.  It makes sense that she sells sweet things. 

Honored Contributor

Not a fan either--and do not need any dust catching "sweet" junk!! Just got rid of a bunch. Same with the yard junk too---good grief!!

Respected Contributor

Cloyingly sweet, nauseating.

Honored Contributor

I think Valerie could put a sweet spin on anything, even the Poopin' Moose!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find Valerie's Shows such a pleasant change of pace....I enjoy her home decor shows.....

Better than seeing redundant beauty shows with before and after photos that look the same, and the vendor and models that look greasy....

Kitchen/Food--Tired of seeing hosts talk with their mouthful when sampling prepared food, and showing that ole Kitchen Aid mixer, Copper Chef pans, and Vitamix blender......

And I bet everyone is sitting on the edge of their seat watching yet another vacuum demonstration, or if that's too exciting there's always that humidifier demo

Woman Frustrated Woman Tongue

Yep, I'll take Valerie Parr Hill any day---Woman Very Happy  And yes she does have a sweet personality...a lot better than some silly, screaming, annoying hosts/vendors....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Valerie's shows. I enjoy her set designs and decor commentary. And I own many of her items purchased

throughout many years. 

But I wish she would direct her decor designs away from so many illuminated, shiny items.  She did have some natural looking items this visit, but would like to see more made from natural, woodlike material.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the VPH shows very much, and I have some of her items throughout my home. I enjoy what I have very much.

I don't like to prowl through stores much, so paying $5.00 to have a pretty item hand delivered to me is well worth it.

I pick, and choose selectively. The majority of her shows are relaxing for me to watch. 

Respected Contributor

@ChillyTulip 

You are so right!  I have some really beautiful items from Valerie that I bought many years ago.  One is a set of 3 Christmas angels, each is playing a horn.  They are attached to a heavy base by a metal dowel at 3 different heights.  I also have 2 beautiful large carved swans, much larger than the newer set.  The angels and the swans are heavy and look like they were carved in wood.  They are not wood, but just as nice.  

Now her pieces are things like the mercury glass.  Quite a difference from what she once sold.