Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa  The ? I've wondered is how does the day hosts' (Carolyn or Dan) sales compare to the hosts that are on in the evenings as I would think that more people watch during the evening hours; anyway just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@BalletBabe @I liked the show with Monifa, no just because she was hosting but because they made a major change to the show. She didn't keep walking around the set and she did not change outfits. This was much less distracting than the format they have had with hosts changing through a show. She just added one top as a shacket over her top near the end of the show. She only made a couple of outfits by matching with other things, which was also much less distracting. These changes made for a smoother show. Now, if they would zoom in on the garments much more, they would really be improving. 

They have been trying out Denim & Co hosts on For a couple of months. This made me suspicious. I also noticed Mary Beth seeming nervous and using "ums" repeatedly when she was on Q2. This was out of character for her.

There was a public statement from QRate about the company's path forward this past summer. This forward path program is  called Athens, and a part of it includes reduction in staff. It's a five part program which includes boostering up streaming versus set time and channel TV. Consolidating real estate. Plans for QVC, HSN and Zulily. 

@Mindy D - I did read about plan Athens. I wondered if they would eventually "streamline" broadcasting on TV. In yet another effort to get the preferred younger buyer I can see their doing this. The younger group does prefer watching streaming programs in general. 

I imagine they will keep the video clips under each item, but I can't tell you how many I've watched that include part of the presentation, but the WRONG part of it - not much information! 

As far as watching shows on TV, I don't know where that is headed! What do you think? 

They are liable to lose a big chunk of their loyal longtime customers. But I'm sure they've researched this. Taking QVC in a different direction must seem to be more profitable.