Contributor

It is annoying that you order a $60 Lug bag, are charged $5.50 shipping, and said bag comes flattened out in a mailing bag - not even a padded bag, and no stuffing in the Lug bag for shape retention.  Very disappointing!  That shipping practice should cost $3.50, like most clothing.  Just sayin' Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

If shipping the bag flattened harmed it in any way, they wouldn't do it.  Take it to the post office and see if you can ship it anywhere for $3.50.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@xvi045 wrote:

It is annoying that you order a $60 Lug bag, are charged $5.50 shipping, and said bag comes flattened out in a mailing bag - not even a padded bag, and no stuffing in the Lug bag for shape retention.  Very disappointing!  That shipping practice should cost $3.50, like most clothing.  Just sayin' Smiley Sad

@xvi045   I agree with you.  And it's even worse if shipped in the new flimsier plastic bags that serve as no protection and often arrive partially ripped open.

Honored Contributor

Re: HANDBAG SHIPPING ISSUE

[ Edited ]

@xvi045 wrote:

@xvi045 

You need to thank your lucky stars for $5.50 shipping ---on expensive handbags they usually charge $11 to ship it in the same ole box....

As far as shipping condition, QVC has no control over that once it leaves their warehouses, then it's all up to USPS or UPS ...I got one item in QVC's plastic bag that looked like it had gotten run overed....there were "tire" tracks from some postal machine I assume....thankfully the clothing inside was OK.... Woman LOL  And I bought the Homeworx candles that are always very well packed, but one arrived broken and I was shipped a replacement at no cost....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Totally agree about how merchandise is packaged.  QVC has no respect for the item or the customer.   Clothing shipped in flimsy plastic bags that arrives bunched up and wrinkled is ridiculous.   If they want a bag, put something structured inside to protect the item!

Honored Contributor

Re: HANDBAG SHIPPING ISSUE

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

Totally agree about how merchandise is packaged.  QVC has no respect for the item or the customer.   Clothing shipped in flimsy plastic bags that arrives bunched up and wrinkled is ridiculous.   If they want a bag, put something structured inside to protect the item!

@nyc1 

But what do you do about the postal worker that takes the clothing and STUFFS it in your mail box ......  I live in a Condo that has a Mail Center and instead of checking it in and putting it in a nice secured area where you have to sign for it to pick it up, he crams the QVC bag into my regular mailbox and its as wrinkled as all get out....Woman Frustrated  So a more secured bag probably wouldnt change the wrinkled situation at all...

Whats funny if its a book or tiny package he will check it in to the Mail Center and these items could have easily fit  in the regular mailbox.....go figure.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I justs sold a handbag on Ebay and the postage to ship it was $10.50.  Shipping is not cheap anymore at all.  I took it to the post office and she weighed it and said since it was 3 pounds it would be $10.50 for priority mail.  Had I mailed it in a special priority mail box it would have been close to $15.00.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the new Dooney suede bag a couple weeks ago and it did come in a box, however the box looked like it had been run over 50 times and the tape was extremely loose.  Seems like it just wasn't packaged or handled properly.  The suede bag was in a plastic bag inside the box, no tissue paper.  The Dooney bag was much more than $60.00 and it was not made of the kind of material used by Lug which are made to take rough treatment. 

BTW, the bag was returned!  Extremely heavy with nothing in it. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@nyc1 

But what do you do about the postal worker that takes the clothing and STUFFS it in your mail box ......  I live in a Condo that has a Mail Center and instead of checking it in and putting it in a nice secured area where you have to sign for it to pick it up, he crams the QVC bag into my regular mailbox and its as wrinkled as all get out....Woman Frustrated  So a more secured bag probably wouldnt change the wrinkled situation at all...

Whats funny if its a book or tiny package he will check it in to the Mail Center and these items could have easily fit  in the regular mailbox.....go figure.....

I live in a house and my mailbox is at the end of my driveway.  I had one of those bags of clothing items STUFFED in my mailbox the end of last week. SHAMEFUL.

Trusted Contributor
I used to be a huge fan of Dooney handbags but I've found them to have gotten heavier recently! Maybe it's just me feeling my age,lol, but I've switched to Lug crossbodies! Not as stylish as Dooney's of course, but still cute!