Trusted Contributor

Re: Funny. The models are trained to

@Mindy D The models all come from the same professional modeling agency. So, they are trained as models. However, there nods and responses are reactive to comments. I think it's more common sense. They know it looks good when they agree that the fabric is so soft, the jeans fit perfect, etc. Now, can you imagine if they disagreed with these comments? My bet is they would no longer be on QVC and they all know it.

It's just a natural human response to nod. I do notice much more interaction than in the past. Models use to never speak. Now it has progressed to almost too much at times. But, it doesn't really bother me. They all seem lovely.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I find this funny because I have noticed this too.  I don't know if they are trained to do that, most likely not.   What I find interesting is how they are forced to act like they love the clothing they are modeling when at times you can almost read their faces "I wouldn't be caught dead in this"  LOL!

@LindaSal @I see the wouldn't be caught dead in this a lot from the younger show hosts with good figures. Acting is apart of show hosting. 

Honored Contributor

Models get their cues from the photographer, or the fashion show director...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

They even do it when modeling the makeup or skincare.  Suzanne does it a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

The models love everything, but own none of it. LOL.

Respected Contributor

Re: Funny. The models are trained or directed to

[ Edited ]

I am on the "trained or directed" side of this discussion.  I think about how some of the models on HSN give long talks as they demonstrate a product.  I also think about how I have seen many of the QVC models on local commercials.  A lot of the commercials are walking, talking, acting roles.  I am of the opinion that the nodding in agreement is acting.