Valued Contributor

The cost of clothing is out of control, but what I've seen on QVC recently has me scratching my head.  I was debating about purchasing 2 of the AnyBody vest at $66.98 each.  But due to my hesitation I missed the 'sale' price and the price returned to $80.00.  What?!?!?!?  $80.00 for half a jacket, it has no sleeves.  That's just crazy, especially when I recently bought a Denim & Co. denim jacket (TSV) at $54.98 with a regular price of $73.00.

Both of these brands are QVC and to me Denim & Co. is the 'better' brand but how do you charge $80.00 for a vest?  I thought being a house brand eliminates the middleman, doesn't seem like it here.  What is the justification for charging $80.00 for a vest when I can get a whole jacket for $73.00?  I just don't get it.

QVC do better.

Respected Contributor

if ya think this is out of control......wait till ya hit the grocery store

i can live without a new top.  in fact if i never bought another article of clothing i would be just fine.

but food is a different story

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

They are paying hosts, a large crew, maintnenance and utility on buildings, and many other costs. With all of those things costing more the prices will only continue to increase. I have made the decision to no longer purchase clothing from them.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

The cost of clothing is out of control, but what I've seen on QVC recently has me scratching my head.  I was debating about purchasing 2 of the AnyBody vest at $66.98 each.  But due to my hesitation I missed the 'sale' price and the price returned to $80.00.  What?!?!?!?  $80.00 for half a jacket, it has no sleeves.  That's just crazy, especially when I recently bought a Denim & Co. denim jacket (TSV) at $54.98 with a regular price of $73.00.

Both of these brands are QVC and to me Denim & Co. is the 'better' brand but how do you charge $80.00 for a vest?  I thought being a house brand eliminates the middleman, doesn't seem like it here.  What is the justification for charging $80.00 for a vest when I can get a whole jacket for $73.00?  I just don't get it.

QVC do better.

So buy the whole jacket.  Or not.  Shop where you feel prices are more to your liking.

Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714   

I completely agree and have been saying this same thing for awhile.  QVC used to be about getting quality clothing at affordable prices because they bought in bulk, owned factories, paid no advertising, cut out middlemen etc.  I don't see any of this reflected anymore!

Respected Contributor

I just went grocery shopping. I could have brought a  new wardrobe for what I spent. 

Esteemed Contributor

Isaac has a really cute new polo dress for $84.98. And that is the SALE price !!!!  The regular price is $98.00.  This is a simple polo dress, nothing unusual about the fabric either.  That is totally insane, but a few have purchased it because there are reviews.  That dress should be half that price.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

I totally agree.  I don't buy clothing from QVC anymore un less the sale price is down in the 20 and 30's in reduction. 

I am also suspicious of the ""price for only an hour" idea, I don't like these gimmicks.  They can keep their high prices I buy elsewhere, especially when people say they find their clothing in Walmart for very low prices.

Honored Contributor

They don't have to justify prices to anyone.  QVC is not a charity and it's not a government program. They are a retailer and free to charge whatever they want.  Customers are free to purchase or not purchase.  While the clothing prices have increased significantly in 2023 and 2024,  they far from so expensive that people with good incomes and credit cards can't afford them.  Have you ever been to the better department stores and upscale boutiques?  They charge a lot more than Qvc.  I understand that some people have been priced out of QVC but complaint isn't going to change anything.  QVC isn't going to reduce prices.  Personally, I'm buying mich less from QVC and more from HSN.  I also buy from Shein and Temu.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Pricing

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

They don't have to justify prices to anyone.  QVC is not a charity and it's not a government program. They are a retailer and free to charge whatever they want.  Customers are free to purchase or not purchase.  While the clothing prices have increased significantly in 2023 and 2024,  they far from so expensive that people with good incomes and credit cards can't afford them.  Have you ever been to the better department stores and upscale boutiques?  They charge a lot more than Qvc.  I understand that some people have been priced out of QVC but complaint isn't going to change anything.  QVC isn't going to reduce prices.  Personally, I'm buying mich less from QVC and more from HSN.  I also buy from Shein and Temu.  

Yes, I frequently shop at better department stores and upscale boutiques, but QVC's clothing is no where near the same quality and often even their prices are less.

Besides, I watch the Q in hopes of good deals.