Valued Contributor

What is the matter with Customer Service?  They have yet to get an Exchange right!!  They always just do it as a RETURN.  I have to write them...and go through the whole routine to get it exchanged.  Why do they advertise it as being so EASY??????????????  I'm so FURIOUS!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I had four exchanges in a row returned and I was charged return shipping. It took emails and phone calls to get my shipping costs returned to my account. I was even in contact with the folks at Customer Care here on the boards and was assured it wouldn’t happen again, but it did. I’m very careful when I order....if I even think I may have to exchange it, I don’t order....too much of a hassle.

Occasional Contributor

Happens to me every time too.  I think they don't read the slip.  They just assume you want a refund and move on to the next.  This is the only explaination I can come up with.

Honored Contributor

I always cringe when QVC hosts talk about 'exchanges'.  Give me a break!  Not their fault but say I order a pair of shoes in a size 11 color white.  

They are too big or too small (now figure at least 5-7 days always, now) goes by and I finally get the shoes.  Often by then the shoes in my color and the next size has sold out.

So, I either have to order two sizes of the same color at the same time or forget it.  In other words by the time I receive the shoes, try them on, they're gone!  Now, if when I want to exchange them, I can call and order other one's but then I have the expense of two pair of shoes at the same time.

See what I mean?  I think their exchange policy is a joke, just what I think!

Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem.  You can always call first so they note it in their computers then there is no question. 

I don't think there's "anything wrong with CS."  It's a give and take thing.  Communication is key.

Respected Contributor

Re: EXCHANGES?!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]

Here is the problem I have encountered.  Now with all the new clothing and shoes offered, I ordered a few items and they are all sent together and listed on the same invoice, with individual listings, Order#'s, Item#'s, etc.  BUT here is where the problem occurs.

What if you have a couple items that need to be returned for a refund for whatever the reason, then you have another item or 2 that needs to be exchanged for size, color, whatever.

How do you fill out the return form when you are dealing with multiple returns and/or exchanges on the same invoice? It is messy and someone else has to read it to handle the transaction.

I have had this happen and the exchange is always refunded, which means I have to reorder the "non-exhanged" item through CS; and you have to get them to refund the return shipping since they missed the exchange. Usually I check inventory before I send something back for exchange, otherwise if not available I ask for refund.  A simple, one item on invoice for exchange is usually handled and completed, BUT, the bottom line is that the warehouse personnel receiving our returns are either incompetent or just overwhelmed with volume.  I have tried several ways to try to work around this but I have no control over QVC putting separate orders on the same invoice and in same box. I have a choice, cut back ordering or put up with how my order is handled!

Honored Contributor

I'm not complaining about any particular 'branch' of QVC.  I'm just saying by the time customer service notifies whomever they have to notify and then eventually whatever happens to get it to me it's sold out.

That works great if you wear something that isn't especially popular in color or sizes, but a surprising number of people wear a size 10 or 11 shoe (or they don't make as many of them).

Actually, many of us wear a size 10 1/2 size shoe.  Of course for some unknown reason that size is almost NEVER made, so often it's a matter of too small or too big, a guessing game based on the design of the shoe and the manufacturer.

Lately I've noticed a jump in sizes (inches) as far as the size of the larger clothes.  I always look for the size chart BEFORE I order (drives me crazy) I'll be yelling at the screen, "Show the size chart", sometimes I'll call and ask if the size chart would PLEASE be shown.

But back to the size chart.  Especially on Susan Graver's shoes I've noticed a jump in say between an XL and 1X (which are the sizes I wear).  There is often as much as 2 or more inches.  Then you'll go up or down and that's way too small.

Needless to say I end up just sending a lot of things back.  One good thing is when you wear a size 1X like I do, not as many of those sell out.  I seldom reorder the clothes because I sure as heck don't need them but also they aren't offered anymore (sold out if it's a smaller size).

Although QVC brags they sell larger sizes for the same amount they don't make as many of the larger sizes so they sell out very quickly.

I used to make all of my clothes (blouses, skirts, dresses, tops, etc) when I worked.  When you sew and you finally get down the size pattern that fits you, you quickly learn how important even 1 inch makes in clothing.

These manufacturers cheat all of the time on what's posted and the actual size of what the garment is.  Think about this, let's take 1 inch in sizing, now multiply that by the amount of pieces QVC buys of that color, that design, that size, etc.  

That equals to many more of one item that can be made (or saved).

Making one's own clothes is a real educational experience.  I can look at these garments and see why some are more expensive than others.  I understand what goes into the fabrication.

It's like putting together a puzzle (making clothes).  Because people are so used to just buying something they have no idea what goes into making a garment.  Of course automation these days has made everything less expensive.  However, it's developing the material that the garment is made from because most clothing follows the same lines when it comes to making it.

Even a button hole, trying making one yourself, it takes some doing.  A machine can do it very quickly (talking about industrial machinery).

It's always amazed me the way (in the past) people used their amazing imaginations in desiging something as simple as a pair of shoes.  So many designs from something so simple in the original design.  They aren't given enough credit in my opinion.

We are a throw away society.  It's really sad anymore.  I admit I'm as bad as everyone (if not sometimes worse).  I try to give away things and donate them but still......

I've always said I don't mind paying for something (even if it's expensive) if I think it's worth it.  Most things are so marked up it's stupid.

It used to be when you bought a real designer item it would last forever.  Now often it's just junk (seems to be).

Valued Contributor

@ScarletDovewrote:

Here is the problem I have encountered.  Now with all the new clothing and shoes offered, I ordered a few items and they are all sent together and listed on the same invoice, with individual listings, Order#'s, Item#'s, etc.  BUT here is where the problem occurs.

What if you have a couple items that need to be returned for a refund for whatever the reason, then you have another item or 2 that needs to be exchanged for size, color, whatever.

How do you fill out the return form when you are dealing with multiple returns and/or exchanges on the same invoice? It is messy and someone else has to read it to handle the transaction.

I have had this happen and the exchange is always refunded, whcih means I have to reorder the "non-exhanged" item through CS; and you have to get them to refund the return shipping since they missed the exchange. Usually I check inventory before I send something back for exchange, otherwise if not available I ask for refund.  A simple, one item on invoice for exchange is usually handled and completed, BUT, the bottom line is that the warehouse personnel receiving our returns are either incompetent or just overwhelmed with volume.  I have tried several ways to try to work around this but I have no control over QVC putting separate orders on the same invoice and in same box. I have a choice, cut back ordering or put up with how my order is handled!

I beg to differ...this was one item on one slip....clearly marked and the size and color I need IS IN STOCK!!

Honored Contributor

I don't oder much that I might exchange, but still I take that massage with the proverbial grain of salt.  Seems to me in the 50+ years I've been shopping, I rarely found Icould exchange anything.  My color and/or my size was gone        so even locally a return was all that was available.

Even now, by the time I decide I might order a piece of clothing, very often I see yellow on the sales already made.  I take that as a sign that I won't be able to accomplish an exchange.  Sorry, QVC, but I'm not getting into that kind of mess.

By the way -  I think CS and the shipping departments have less than no idea what goes on in each other's area, but I have little idea why that's true.

Honored Contributor

This thread is discouraging to me.  I just bought a pair of shoes that are 1/2 size too big.  I filled out the exchange slip and will take it to the UPS store on Monday.  Now I guess I can expect to be calling QVC about this if the shoes are still available in my size at that time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau