Contributor
I want to be fair and objective but I feel its a bit much that in most presentations David has given since the "talk" of his new cookbook, he has to remind us continually of his new cookbook. When others are presenting their cookbooks, he still manages to mention "his" cookbook. His "supermarket shortcuts" now a term he uses constantly and now today mentioning or complaining how many cookbooks he has to sign and give out to all the staff as gifts I guess.....wow. It looks desperate that he continually and constantly mentions his own cookbook amongst other vendors and chefs when they are representing their products.
Honored Contributor

Re: David and his new cookbook

Yeah,for the wee bit I watched today, I noticed that.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Trusted Contributor

All I know is that if I heard Tara from Temptations say one more time "it is so stinking cute" I was going to scream.  She must have said it 10 times, so I turned it off!

Esteemed Contributor

Had Kitchen on but wasn't glued to it and didn't hear DV's comments.  I've always been negative about host selling their own products.  Cookbooks seems to be the popular choice for them.  Easy to write - easy to get published and easy to sell.  (low priced item and no heavy lifting involving manufacturing)  Tired of hearing about HIS books.

No sale here.

Esteemed Contributor

Wrong on the 'stinking' count..............more like 25 times.  I also changed the channel. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  I'm tired of him tooting his own horn.  I got his other books from the library to see what they were like.  Very disappointed-nothing special about what was in there.  You can find these recipes in most every Southern cookbook or church cookbook.  Or online for that matter.  

Trusted Contributor

@foodie105  I'm wondering if the book hasn't met the sales numbers expected.

Honored Contributor

LOL ... Tara and "stinking cute"  She says it a lot!

Respected Contributor

@colleena  I heard  the cookbook was number 2 on NY Times best seller list last week. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed as it is rude to our host