Respected Contributor

Re: David and his new cookbook

@coffee drinker wrote:

@colleena  I heard  the cookbook was number 2 on NY Times best seller list last week. 

Where on earth did you hear that??

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I have watched some off and on and I never notice such trivial things.  I have too many other relevant things to fill up my time.  

Honored Contributor

On the other hand, I found that cookbook something for him to be really proud of.  Recipe content aside, that is one of the most beautiful cookbooks I've ever seen.  Very high quality.  Beautifully done.  Not sure if I'll use many of the recipes, but it sure is a very, very nice presentation!  Great job!

Respected Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:
I want to be fair and objective but I feel its a bit much that in most presentations David has given since the "talk" of his new cookbook, he has to remind us continually of his new cookbook. When others are presenting their cookbooks, he still manages to mention "his" cookbook. His "supermarket shortcuts" now a term he uses constantly and now today mentioning or complaining how many cookbooks he has to sign and give out to all the staff as gifts I guess.....wow. It looks desperate that he continually and constantly mentions his own cookbook amongst other vendors and chefs when they are representing their products.

Maybe it’s not selling.

Honored Contributor

I would add that all authors tout their publications.  Traveling the country, etc.  Not so unusual, at least to me, that David will "self-promote".

Esteemed Contributor

For sure QVC and he have a nice arrangement for the profits, so it is just an another item to sell.

My arteries just tighten up when he shows/describes the contents.  It must be full of unhealthy food.  So much fat.

Honored Contributor

I think most of you should quit watching the show so you dont have any trivial thing to complain about.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I think most of you should quit watching the show so you dont have any trivial thing to complain about.

I think for some it's a hobby - watching QVC and then running to post a complaint about every little thing!

Contributor

What a bunch of crabby people! He is happy ! Its a fabulous cookbook and he is equally wonderful. If you would rather enjoy crabbiness please turn off happy , kind David and enjoy the gloomy news.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I think for some it's a hobby - watching QVC and then running to post a complaint about every little thing!

@Pook and @Imaoldhippie,   On that peripheral sub-topic, there's a weird social phenomenon called "hate-watching" -- defined as "watching a television show for the sake of the enjoyment one derives from mocking or criticizing it."   (I wish the phrase hadn't been coined using the harsh word "hate" but it's fairly well-established now, so society's terminology is stuck with it.)   

From what I can tell, it has grown in practice with the popularity of social media, with groups of people even planning to "hate-watch" together and tweet their snark during and after the show.   

If anyone thinks this isn't a thing, just do an internet search for "hate-watching."   It's a popular hashtag.   Also, the important disclaimer is:    most people who come here to post their criticisms are not participating in hate-watching, most posters simply and sincerely want to express their opinions.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova