Respected Contributor

Re: Any of the early watchers out there?

I have been a customer since QVC came on the air and you had to buy the item while it was on!  When there was just  a host and a table with the item.  Way before they bought CVN and brought in Mary Beth, etc.   I am not disgusted.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I quit watching when the emphasis went away from a host informing viewers about products and turned into some rather boring entertainment.  I haven't watched in years but I don't have to watch to participate--which I do here.

I buy more now than ever and many things I buy because I learn about them here.  I am mostly happy with what I buy and some things no I can't get elsewhere.

But with all the shopping options in today's world, why anyone would be disgusted by what is here is beyond my understanding.  

Valued Contributor

@banned again 

Oh, I am sorry!  My area apparently did not carry QVC until they bought out and switched the CVN brand.  I never realized they were two separate networks before the takeover!

Trusted Contributor

I've watched since the late 80s, and have purchased plenty over the years.  I still enjoy watching, really like a few of the hosts, but I do find some of them are just too annoying.  When I hesitate to buy something, it is because of the length of time it takes to get that item. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been a pretty consistent shopper for quite a while.You could say I'm a satisfied customer. I've found a good many things on QVC that I wouldn't have found elsewhere, and overall I have no real complaints. Compared to other online retailers, QVC has a real edge from their videos. It's hard to buy online unless you already know the item you're buying and the videos really help. I, too, wish the presentations focused more on product details and specifics, and less on fluff, but I guess it must work for them to do it that way. I greatly appreciate the reliable sizing in their house-brand clothing. It's a good place for most basics--I use a lot of basics--and if I'm patient, I can still find things at a price that works for me. I have found many kitchen items I'm glad to have. I am incredibly grateful for Spenco shoes; even though the price has doubled and the quality declined, they keep me walking, which is a blessing. I've been suckered a few times, of course. I've made some mistakes, and wasted some money. Customer service has come through for me when I really needed them. If I had my choice, I'd shop in person for everything, at Target, or Macy's, or Nordy's, or somewhere. Since that's not possible or practical, I am glad for the resources QVC offers and hope they stay around. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been watching since the get-go.  I still enjoy it.  And I still shop a lot.  I see things on QVC all the time that I would never see in the stores.  When I go shopping in a store I tend to not spend hours just looking around at things - I go in for something in particular and that's it.  

Yes there have been changes over the years but not all of them are bad.

I appreciate QVC for what it is.  

I do miss all the 14K gold but I understand why they don't feature it as much anymore.

Respected Contributor

Agree @SarrrieJ . QVC is just a shell of what it use to be.  They have strayed far away from the Quality Value and Convenience they were once known for.  Watch very little, only 4 hosts that I will watch. The others are just annoying and immature with their antics.  Can find better quality items for less money elsewhere.  The PTB don't listen to their customers and apparently don't care to do so.  The forums are the main reason I come to the site. It definitely is not for the shopping.

Honored Contributor

Not really "disgusted" more so disappointed---Ive been shopping for over 15 yrs---I think the variety was better back then----

All the clothing lines did not look alike like they do now---its hard to distinquish one brand from the other and many are overpriced......And in addition some of the hosts make the shows all about themselves instead of the products, some hosts are so unprepared/dont do their homework.....or act downright silly and are unwatchable...

They used to have unique and helpful kitchen gadgets that I didnt see anywhere else---now its mostly just the same ole stuff, or the same things you see locally...

I miss the cooking show Mereith had where she cooked and gave chef tips while she cooked----great show that was terminated! Now its mostly the same limited products where David goes over and over and over the colors ........

I still watch the home decor shows, sometimes just to get ideas....but all the manufacturers make the same thing....For example, how many vendors need to make lanterns

Jewelry has turned into nothing but Diamonque or same ole Italian styles (mostly circles or plain chains) or Byzantine designs....I know precious metals have increased in price but gee QVC used to even offer some reasonably priced fashion jewelry....would love to see this category return.....

Too many beauty shows, beauty items even monopolize so called fashion shows with long demonstrations.....

There are still brands, and shows I still like to watch--- Valerie Parr Hill, Plow & Hearth, Jim Shore, Lock N Lock, AM Style With Leah, Luminara, Homeworx, Home Decor Shows, Ryka, Holiday decor shows, D&C with Carolyn, ...but it seems like Im watching less and less... And I think QVC Buyers are in a rut!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have watched from the first day CVN became QVC----and all this is not unexpected, to me, at all. Just goes along with the rest of this type of thing. Got rid of my QVC card years ago ---I don't watch much and don't buy much but seem to be able to find  find the same things elsewhere----

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have watched from the first day CVN became QVC----and all this is not unexpected, to me, at all. Just goes along with the rest of this type of thing. Got rid of my QVC card years ago ---I don't watch much and don't buy much but seem to be able to find  find the same things elsewhere----

@wagirl 

I havent been watching a long as you, QVC attracted me because they used to offer so many UNIQUE products you couldnt find anywhere else--now it seems its mostly stuff you see everywhere including locally.....except for clothing and they seem to be pushing more and more of their own brands.....and they all look alike...they seem to get hooked on one item/trend that becomes a best seller and for the next couple of years thats primarily what they show--they need to move on from -the uneven hem, and pajama look......and come on with all these cardigans its already 100 degrees here in Texas and with 2 back to back utility rate increases homes and businesses dont keep the AC as cold.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”