Occasional Contributor

Any of the early watchers out there?

Ok, I have been watching QVC since its inception and am extremely disappointed in what it has become. Since the purchase of Zulilly and its very cheap line of clothing, it is almost all that we see! There must be a huge markup on that clothing to put it on the air at the ridiculous pricing. Anyway, repetitive clothing and more clothing. Hour long and expensive infomercials clearly sponsored by the companies that manufacture them including Halo, Shark, etc. There is nothing special or unique any more that we cannot purchase for less the price at Target. The reviews are gone from the screen, The pricing of items on the taped shows usually do not match the prices if we decide to purchase (Which should never be allowed), and shipping takes way too long 

Do any of the early viewers of QVC feel as disgusted as I do? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Any of the early watchers out there?

Youre so well-informed, you obviously keep watching and buying.  Perhaps you should take your business elsewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've been watching since 1989.  I have grown along with the changes over the years.  You go with the flow or go another way.  I'm not disgusted.  There are some things I like and some not so much.  It still interests me.  I never expected things would stay the same forever.  

Honored Contributor

I've been shopping with the Q for many years now.  I've purchased more in the past 2 years that I ever have.  I've been very happy with my purchases and will be a Q fan for life

Honored Contributor

IMO, unless all the shopping channels radically change, their days are numberedThey were a novelty 30-40 years ago.  Now, many more options to shop.

I seldom watch and would not miss any of them.

Honored Contributor

@SarrrieJ wrote:

Ok, I have been watching QVC since its inception and am extremely disappointed in what it has become. Since the purchase of Zulilly and its very cheap line of clothing, it is almost all that we see! There must be a huge markup on that clothing to put it on the air at the ridiculous pricing. Anyway, repetitive clothing and more clothing. Hour long and expensive infomercials clearly sponsored by the companies that manufacture them including Halo, Shark, etc. There is nothing special or unique any more that we cannot purchase for less the price at Target. The reviews are gone from the screen, The pricing of items on the taped shows usually do not match the prices if we decide to purchase (Which should never be allowed), and shipping takes way too long 

Do any of the early viewers of QVC feel as disgusted as I do? 

@SarrrieJ 

I don't know what year was the inception, but I've been watching for a long time.  Back then, there was nowhere near the internet commerce there is today.  The world has changed dramatically since QVC came on the scene.  Back then, not everyone had large shopping malls 10 minutes away, either.  These days, with the covid thing, malls don't get the traffic they used to have.

While QVC has many things they could do to improve things, you must keep in mind that products, commerce and competition has changed so it's no longer an apples-to-apples comparison.  

QVC has NEVER advertised themselves to have the best prices, yet people quibble about that all the time.  To me, it's the "convenience factor" that motivates my purchases.  It's like going to the deli to pick up take-out for dinner.  Yes, it costs more, but you are paying for the convenience.   That's what motivates many who continue to shop here.

In spite of inflation and prices going up everywhere, I laugh when I see people saying everything should be manufactured in the U.S.   I laugh because we both know they really wouldn't pay the prices if they could get it cheaper.     

Maybe I didn't answer your questions, but those are my thoughts.

One more thought ..... if QVC was going to do only ONE THING to improve the company, I would want it to be this:  Figure out why HSN can ship so darn fast and DO THAT.   How hard can it be?  

Respected Contributor

It's a rare day that I turn on QVC. If I do turn on QVC all I see are "fashion" shows. These I turn off. If I want something say in jewelry or holiday items I just go online and see what they have. I think the days of people sitting in front of the TV watching and ordering are gone. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been with QVC forever and ever. If it didn't work for me, I would have left years ago. I'm a Taurus, I don't stand for nonsense.

I don't watch but I SHOP.

Honored Contributor

I still shop the Q, but I rarely watch, in the past it was more interesting. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

I've been with QVC forever and ever. If it didn't work for me, I would have left years ago. I'm a Taurus, I don't stand for nonsense.

@Sage04  I'm a Taurus too, that's why I rarely watch, too much nonsense.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan