Honored Contributor

Wisdom Panel DNA Test results on Zazu!

[ Edited ]

Well I never would have guessed it!!   I asumed he was a cross between and Irish Setter and a Golden Retriever...... well.....

He is a GOLDEN DOODLE!  A cross between a Standard Poodle and a Golden Retriever!  He is a F1  cross  so that he turned out more  golden traits  rather than a F2 cross where the Poodle comes out more.  He is more Golden in his DNA  than Standard Poodle.  Now I see the standard poodle... his coat is short but wavy... deep red in color and his head totally golden in traits with golden ears.... his tail is full... The long legs, big feet ( he is a tall long dog and he had a long main of hair on his chest( which is one trait  why I assumed he was Irish setter).

Anyway.. such a surprise and now I see that combination in him! How great to know and now be wondering what he was!  A Golden Doodle, who would have thought! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wisdom Panel DNA Test results on Zazu!

Whether it is walking on 2 legs or 4 what we see is not always what is inside.  It sounds like you have a very handsome " son".  I am sure he is filling your house with lots of love.  Enjoy.

Makes me wonder about 1 of my grandpuppies. We were told she is chow and lab.  No matter.  She is beautiful and is a wonderful playmate for my grandson. 

Esteemed Contributor

So glad you got your results!  Been thinking of you today 'cause just got my test kit and will be doing it this afternoon right before afternoon 'tea time' for my boy.

Zazu is gorgeous! And, with those beautiful genes, no wonder!  How big can he become?  I remember my Jade (who was 5'1" standing) had a most Both breeds are super intelligent.  Not familiar with poodle traits other than that and that their hair isn't "dog hair" so often people allergic can have poodles. 

Now you can have fun studying up about your Zazu!  Take care!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I just took the swabs and rubbed them against his cheeks for fifteen seconds, but there's no gunky saliva on them.  Did your seem clear when you did it?  Eddy's such a sweetie he didn't even mind when I was doing it.

Honored Contributor

The trouble with "designer dogs"  is that there is no consistency in the offspring.   @SeaMaiden  Have we seen a picture of your pup?   Can't remember.   Sounds really pretty. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I just took the swabs and rubbed them against his cheeks for fifteen seconds, but there's no gunky saliva on them.  Did your seem clear when you did it?  Eddy's such a sweetie he didn't even mind when I was doing it.

@eddyandme  There was nothing noticeable  on the swab for me either. My dog was not as sweet as your Eddie when I swabed his gums and cheek that is for sure!  I was worried I did not get a good sample, but it appears I did.  I am sure you got a great sample! Please let me know the results as soon as you get them! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I called and the rep told me it should be okay.  They just need a cheek sample and although it doesn't show, they can still test it!

Can't wait for the results!

Thanx.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme  Here are a couple of pics  ZaZu is the big dog...the other Golden is my sweet LolaIMG_0283.JPGIMG_0288.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

They are beautiful!

Zazu, though looking like a goldie reminds me of my Jade, a creamy English lab.  I look into Zazu's eyes and see my Jade looking at me with that same smile.  You are so fortunate!

Doggy kisses to both girls from Eddy (he's a ladies' man!).

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Beautiful dogs.   I love the reddish Goldens and the wavy hair makes it even better. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment