Honored Contributor

Surviving horse twins are rather unusual as horses are not suited to carry and give birth to twins.  These two are beauties and very lucky.

Years ago, I had a mare who gave birth to Appaloosa twin foals.  The birth occurred in the afternoon when nobody was around.  The first born, a filly was the larger but was found dead.  The smaller one, a colt, survived and thrived.  We figured she was so busy birthing the second one, she didn't get the placenta torn off the filly and it suffocated.

1000002872.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Very impressive!  I've never seen twin foals nor thought about it so I'm glad to have this knowledge ~ all three are so beautiful and I thank you sharing this pic.

Esteemed Contributor

Awwwww!😊 Bless her heart!!💝 This tender post tugs at your heartstrings!!!❤❤ PROUD mama is spending time with her precious babies, but OH MY!!! What an incredible fete! I BOW to her!💝🥰

To have ONE is a blessing, but two is INCREDIBLE!😁 I am happy to know that Mother and BABIES are thriving, and wish nothing but GREAT things in their future!!!👍💝

THANK you SO much for caring to share this AMAZING photo with us this evening!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  What a sweet picture. The twins are adorable.

I'm so sorry to hear about one of your little colts, not making it.

That would have been so special to have both  of your colts survive. It must have been so sad and devastating to lose one of them.

Thank you for sharing the lovely picture of the mother and her

twins.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful photo of Mom and her twins!!!!!!  I love horses and this story and photo brings a big smile to my face, thanks for sharing such an uplifting post!!!!!

Respected Contributor

What beauties!!

I am also sorry about your foal.  Such a loss to you and to the mother.

Super Contributor
Thank you for the precious post and for the information as I did not know what a rare and fabulous occurrence it truly is.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mare's twin!
Respected Contributor

What Treasures she has!  Twins and BOTH Palomino coloured!  I always thought there was a good chance of a palomino having a chestnut red baby so twins both with that golden colour are gems indeed.

@Kachina624I'm so sorry for you and your mares loss of her little filly foal.  Glad her brother grew and thrived. Still, the heart aches at the loss.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Oh, SO sorry for the loss of the little one. 

Was the coloration of the daddy the same as mamma or was this an invitro situation?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44.  Do you mean my horse or the palomino twins?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment