Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

I was so saddened to hear about Fay Wray and Frankie's newest dr reports. We serve a God that is bigger than any of these illnesses! He loves those two precious girls too. There's no doubt he put them right where he knew they would be cared for, loved and healed. Prayers being said for the Double F's and will continue! (((hugs))) to them, Sammycat and her DH! You are awesome people!
P.S. Be back later for my tale!
Mrs T brought 5 kittens home! Lol! The porch
cafe had turned into a cafeteria! I'm no nearer touching her or Trey! Kittens are as wild as she is!
Honored Contributor

Yet as their vet says, "I've seen a miracle before, and he lived right under your roof.  A good place for a cat in trouble to be:"

Schmoo miracle under roof.jpg

Sammycat...

I agree with the Vet of Schmoo 100 paw-cent.

Sending your precious girls tons of very special healing prayers,lots of love,and Comfort Hugs too.

((((((HeartFRANKIE & FAY WRAYHeart))))))

And please know in your heart that just as all of us were with you,DH, and Schmoo in spirit...we are now with you,DH,Frankie and Fay Wray.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Sammycat, we will be right beside you all the way as you and Mr. Sammycat tend to the new family members. I am very happy knowing these two girls will now experience security and love. What a blessing both of you are. I know Mr. Schmoo is proud.
Honored Contributor

Newtoallthis, oh my, please tell us more. Sounds like a very interesting story. I am continuing to feed my outdoor kitty family. My DH took a picture of Mama kitty, as she laid on top of the fence. She is already gaining weight. The kittens are growing, and bright sweet eyes. They can eat pretty good now. They expect me to come to their den.
Honored Contributor

@brbfromTX, Please know that you are in my prayers. I am sad to know you are not feeling good. I hope your doctors can find relief for you. Let me know how you are doing as I truly care.
Honored Contributor

beauty, I am glad the storm missed you. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes for my Sugarbear. I am also praying for you and your DH.
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties Frankie and Fay Wray are having.  But I know miracles happen in The Schmoo household.  May it be so again.  Continued prayers and ((((hugs)))) for all of you.  We care. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Labor Day report:  A holiday greeting to all Schmoosters!  It really does sound like Newtoallthis's Porch Cafe has gone to a full Smorgasboard with all the newcomers -- keep us posted! 

Health report on the Double F's:  Fay Wray seems to be feeling a little better.  Frankie is not so lucky:  although the high-dose prednisolone is helping in the poo department, she's still scooting and she's more muted than normal, so the vet's working with us on dosage.

Today's report is on the kitties' new Cat Tower. I had already registered for my writers conference in August re: the Schmoo book before we adopted these cats.  It was clear they could not be boarded and we couldn't find an in-home sitter who could deal with their meds and jitteriness, so Kitty Sitter to the rescue.

Not only did she fly out here from California, she decided they needed a Cat Tower to augment their already-substantial cat furniture collection.  The dang thing took DH an hour to assemble and it comes up to my neck.  

They're still suspicious about it, though.  It took them more than a month to jump on Schmoo's old carpet fort (see in lower right in Frankie's pic).  Fay Wray, bottom photo, is near the rattling dangled spheres, skeptical. 

Within seconds, Schmoo would have launched from the top of the thing like a rocket, but the ladies have more delicate sensibilities:

Schmoo Frankie carpet fort.jpg

Schmoo Fay Wray Aug 24.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh boy...Kitty Sitter found a mansion for the Ladies.  Even though they are in deep health trouble, they were brought to you for a reason from above, and we know that with you, DH, Mister Schmoo and The Dear Lord above, they will live out the most perfect kitty lives they can, no matter how long that is, it will be the best for them always...Hugs dear friends.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat I am in tears yet again. Its no wonder you and Kitty Sitter are besties,what a wonderful friend she is and wow did she splurge on a kitty house,think I saw it on house hunters,lol. I hope they will get years of enjoyment out of it.With you and your DH and  your vet in their corner and all of us praying,I feel they will get better and stronger in the days ot come.God Bless youa nd rell Kitty Sitter she is also an angel here on earth.

Tissyane thanks so for the prayers. Too bad you and newtoallthis can't get a joing cafe together,lol. Its very rewarding and also frustrating caring for ferals. I fell in love with all the kittens we had. They were very feisty but in time I could pick them up and they all got homes.

Shop hope your Mom is doing ok.How is the clot,hopefully gone.

brb prayers for you to feel better.

beastie I believe like you that between Sammycat and her DH and vet and Mr Schmoo watching over that Frankie and Fay Wray have the very best on their side and all of us praying,they just have to get better.

Anikabrodie I hope your heart is healing a bit,we all know it never will fully heal but that time helps stop the bleeding.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!