Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

brbfromTX, My thoughts are with you, and sending prayers for your speedy recovery. 

I am ready for some cooler Texas weather. We were expecting rain here today, but it does not look rainy to me in the cloudless sky. Enjoy your weekend. 

beauty, Sending good wishes and many prayers your way. Give Cookie sweet pats, and treats from me. I suppose you are seeing rain in your world. None here. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Tonight's report is for ShopTillYouDrop, who is enduring some major work on her home that has torn the whole place apart.  Schmoo strength is what you need to get through it, that's the ticket!

But let's face it, sometimes a furry duck to mope on is the best course of action, as with Fergus in the photo below, miffed and doomed that he had to get his collie "summer haircut:"

Schmoo Fergus bink.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone.Aww Fergus was such a lovebug,that face looking up is just precious.

Shop good luck with remodeling. I know how hard it is. We retiled our entire home then did the kitchen and when the hubby siad next the bathrooms I said next divorce,lol. Its hard living with such a mess and having pets. We moved out when the did the tile cause we still had Buddy at the time and he could get a little nervous so we stayed in amotel but 6 weeks it took to do the kitchen. The only plus was no cooking the entire time,lol.

brb I hope he are getting stronger with each day,God Bless.

newtoall this I am praying your sons kitty shows up,you just never know and I am not giving up. Hope the stray starts to trust you more,it should happen cause if it did with our feral kitty Goldie who was terrified of people anything can happen.

Tissyanne thank you so much. I am waiting on starting chemo but it may happen soon. The rash is tolerable now so I am waiting till it isn't. WE have rain everyday and such humidity. I want cold weather so badly as I knwo it would help my health.Hope your SUgarbear is doing ok,Cookie sneds her a head butt,lol.

Sammycat  hope you are doing better with the GERD and the knee hanging int her till surgery. Do you have a date for the surgery? No need too fret about the thread here,we will carry on.

I have to share this bit of happy news. My hubby now has an I phone,it was to be my brothers new phone after his accident as he lost his in the pond. Well my sister has one so last night we did facetime and I got to see and talk to my Mom and she was so  happy to see me and my husband.Sometimes she understands that I am ill and can't travel so this is better then nothing and my sister said it made her very happy.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

I love black cats too! I think I have shared this before, but, I have had a black cat since 1972! I have never went to a shelter, etc and looked for one specifically. They have all came to me or been put in my path (side of road, parking lots etc). The other strange thing is I also have had two solid white cats picked up the same way!

Theo was picked up beside his dead mom on the road. He was sitting with her. Don't know if there were other kittens or just him. Some people have an aversion to black cats.  He was bottle fed. My son has no children so this was his baby. I'm not giving up because my long haired tabby and white cat Tess was gone for four months when she came home. He rescued two other cats in a parking lot a few months later. Yes, one was a long haired solid black cat! The other a tabby.

The stray cat was quite indignant this morning that breakfast was late. He was actually sitting under the patio table and glared at me when I opened the door. He ran to a safe distance though when I stepped out to serve. Soon as the door closes he is back. I'd love to just pick him up and cuddle and pet him. I don't think he has had that and it breaks my heart.  Tibbs loves his cuddle time and loves to hear how wonderful he is and agrees with every compliment bestowed on him. Every animal in the world deserves this.

I'm going to have to figure out how to post a picture. I took a pic of the stray through the window.

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone is having a peaceful Saturday. It has been cloudy here, but hot, and no rain. 

Fergus looks a bit down in the hooves in the photo Sammycat. It is easy to see that he was docile and well loved. I bet he liked the haircut when summer heat set in. Somehow even in the air conditioning comfort the sun makes itself known as the heater of the earth. 

Take care everyone, and enjoy the evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  FYI for those of asking with a concerned heart, my GERD settled down.  My knee replacement is Tuesday, Oct. 13, and it couldn't come soon enough!  I'm still doing battlefield tours, albeit on a reduced schedule.  I have to pass the pre-surgical tests/check this coming Tuesday to move forward, so any small prayers you can send my way, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Part of Schmoo's book that I'm enjoying working on is the interaction of all members of our family when Schmoo came along:  Schmoo, Sophie and Fergus the collie.  Fergus thought he was as small as the cats; the cats thought they were big as Fergus.

Here are the three of them, in ascending order of size, from top to bottom.  You're missing Fergus's caboose, and the fact that when he had his full fur, he was double what you see.

Sophie looks positively diminutive compared to the male barges in this photo:

Schmoo biggest.jpg

Honored Contributor

Schmoo new blankie.jpg

Sunday Morning Greetings

Sammycat... Sending you a belated "Thank You" for answering my question regarding the town of Gettysburg.

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animlas who are in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and The Pawsome Clan a very pleasant,peaceful and blessed day. :-)

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:  Tonight's report is dedicated to an old and dear friend on this Pet Forum.  Many of you may not remember her, but I do.  Her nickname was "Winocat."

When Schmoo struggled through a series of dental surgeries and a bout of pancreatitis a few years before his heart failure diagnosis, Winocat was a steadfast voice of support.  Tonight, she needs ours, as Beauty Junkie tells us she lost her home and two of her pets in the wildfires out west.

To show you the kind of person she was:  when Schmoo was on death's door in that first go-round, she put a care package together with treats, pictures of her cats then (autumn 2008) Alei-Cat and Catbernet and dog Morgan, a greeting card and a wonderful letter to Schmoo -- and mailed the whole kit-and-kaboodle cross country.  I cried when I opened it, for despite her own difficulties at the time, Winocat took the time to reach out, create this gem of a package and show us the depth of her true heart.  I'll never forget that gesture.  Or her.

Of course Schmoo ate all the treats, but I kept the card, the photos of her pets and that remarkable letter.  I pulled it out this evening and my eye lit on a special line to Schmoo from her pets:

"We just wanted to let you know that we think you are very brave."

We hope while you say a prayer for her and the pets who survived, you send this very wish now back to her -- for all kindnesses deserve to be remembered and echoed:

Schmoo loss.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh Sammycat this was so touching and lovley and I am crying like mad.I can't even comprehend what she is oging through but Thank God they saved MOrgan and Alliecat.. Catbernet passsed away not all that long ago. These fires are horrendous,lets all pray they can contain them with no more lives lost.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Sunday report:  Tonight's report is dedicated to an old and dear friend on this Pet Forum.  Many of you may not remember her, but I do.  Her nickname was "Winocat."

When Schmoo struggled through a series of dental surgeries and a bout of pancreatitis a few years before his heart failure diagnosis, Winocat was a steadfast voice of support.  Tonight, she needs ours, as Beauty Junkie tells us she lost her home and two of her pets in the wildfires out west.

To show you the kind of person she was:  when Schmoo was on death's door in that first go-round, she put a care package together with treats, pictures of her cats then (autumn 2008) Alei-Cat and Catbernet and dog Morgan, a greeting card and a wonderful letter to Schmoo -- and mailed the whole kit-and-kaboodle cross country.  I cried when I opened it, for despite her own difficulties at the time, Winocat took the time to reach out, create this gem of a package and show us the depth of her true heart.  I'll never forget that gesture.  Or her.

Of course Schmoo ate all the treats, but I kept the card, the photos of her pets and that remarkable letter.  I pulled it out this evening and my eye lit on a special line to Schmoo from her pets:

"We just wanted to let you know that we think you are very brave."

We hope while you say a prayer for her and the pets who survived, you send this very wish now back to her -- for all kindnesses deserve to be remembered and echoed:

Schmoo loss.jpg

Sammycat...

I remember Winocat so well (always loved her nic) and she truly does posses a kind,loving and beautiful soul.

My heart aches for her as she tries to cope with the horrible tragedy of not only loosing her home,but loosing two of her most precious and beloved kitties. I lit a candle for those furry angels on the pet loss dot com site yesterday.

Winocat...

I don't know if you'll read this but I want you to know that you have so many friends on this board who love you and who are with you in prayer and in spirit at this most devastating time in your life. Sending you more Comfort Hugs.

((((((((((((WINOCAT))))))))))

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=